Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 09-28-2020, 11:05 PM   #1
Ensign
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Posts: 5
Smile Newbie to the forum

Hi everyone,
I have just purchased a Maxum 3000scr (1998 model ) and wanted to introduce myself to fellow owners. If anyone can give me some tips/information on the Maxum and what I should do to keep her happy, it would be most welcome.
Looking forward to chatting with you.
Best regards
Tim
__________________

Kratos01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 01:02 AM   #2
Admiral
 
mmwjr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Essex, Maryland
Posts: 8,446
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kratos01 View Post
Hi everyone,
I have just purchased a Maxum 3000scr (1998 model ) and wanted to introduce myself to fellow owners. If anyone can give me some tips/information on the Maxum and what I should do to keep her happy, it would be most welcome.
Looking forward to chatting with you.
Best regards
Tim
Welcome aboard!

No special care than any other boat. Have you owned one before? Manuals for the engines, drives and boat can be found under Documents of this site.
__________________

__________________
1997 2400 SCR
5.7 Vortec / Bravo 2

Mike
mmwjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 01:37 AM   #3
Ensign
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Posts: 5
Default

Thanks for the welcome. No, my 1st big boat. I have been going thru the manuals like a kid in a candy shop. Thanks for the advice.
T
Kratos01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 09:28 PM   #4
Lt. Commander
 
mrt214's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Pittsburgh,Pa
Posts: 172
Default Welcome

Welcome.
Nice choice on the 3000. Congrats
mrt214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 09:32 PM   #5
Ensign
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Posts: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrt214 View Post
Welcome.
Nice choice on the 3000. Congrats
Thank you ����
Yes, love the model, looking everywhere for the manual. It’s not listed in the documents on this forum.
Kratos01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 11:20 PM   #6
Admiral
 
mmwjr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Essex, Maryland
Posts: 8,446
Default

Under year 2000 is a manual that covers the SCRs including the 3000, no changes for you 1998 these manuals just donít have much in them like an auto manual.
__________________
1997 2400 SCR
5.7 Vortec / Bravo 2

Mike
mmwjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 06:57 PM   #7
Ensign
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Posts: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmwjr View Post
Under year 2000 is a manual that covers the SCRs including the 3000, no changes for you 1998 these manuals just donít have much in them like an auto manual.
Thank you, I’ll check it out.
Appreciate the info.
Kratos01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 08:14 PM   #8
Admiral
 
biggerseagar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: central Illinois
Posts: 2,175
Default

Welcome aboard! Nice boat!

Roger
01 3000scr
biggerseagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 08:16 PM   #9
Ensign
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Posts: 5
Default

Thank you.
Kratos01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2020, 11:02 AM   #10
Ensign
 
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Posts: 4
Default Another Newbie

Just purchased 97 3000 scr, two issues to resolve heat/ac unit ? And there 3 boards with wood strips size approximately 3-4 feet in length and 9-10 inches wide stored on boat, no idea plus there are three vinyl cushions

Any pictures on usage would be great

Cheers

Shannon
Stilley902 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2020, 12:37 PM   #11
Admiral
 
mmwjr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Essex, Maryland
Posts: 8,446
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stilley902 View Post
Just purchased 97 3000 scr, two issues to resolve heat/ac unit ? And there 3 boards with wood strips size approximately 3-4 feet in length and 9-10 inches wide stored on boat, no idea plus there are three vinyl cushions

Any pictures on usage would be great

Cheers

Shannon
Welcome aboard!

Sounds like filler strips and cushions for the aft bench seat conversion to a sun pad.
__________________
1997 2400 SCR
5.7 Vortec / Bravo 2

Mike
mmwjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2020, 02:49 PM   #12
Moderator

 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 5,072
Default

This is a bit like asking "Tell me everything I need to know to be a home owner". It's too open ended a question.

The real answer is....there are three considerations

1) Learn the systems and how to service or replace them.

2) Hire a marine mechanic

3) Know your limitations and when #1 needs to become #2.

As a neighbor of mine is fond of saying "Some problems really only need two tools 'A phone and a credit card'"

Welcome aboard.
shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 01:39 PM   #13
Ensign
 
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Posts: 4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmwjr View Post
Welcome aboard!

Sounds like filler strips and cushions for the aft bench seat conversion to a sun pad.
thanks mike that would explain thise extra cushions... i didn't see that one... lol
__________________

Stilley902 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
#newbie

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT. The time now is 10:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.