Go Back   Maxum Boat Owners Club - Forum > Maxum General > Maxum Owners General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-20-2022, 06:03 PM   #1
Ensign

Default A couple quick questions on '92 2300SCR

I have the model listed in title with the 4.3L. I don't think gas gauge is working correctly and I don't have anything to verify actual capacity of the fuel tank. Searching online, it appears the 5.7L comes with a 70 gal. fuel tank, and I found one reference that the 4.3l has a 55 gallon tank. Does the 55 sound right for the 4.3l?

My other question is what is the purpose of the waste port which sits right above the gas port near the stern on the starboard side. I don't have a manual that tells any of this stuff. I don't know if the waste port should be filled with water or what.

Oh, one more question. Is it okay to drop the trim tabs just a bit to help with planing off? I've done it before with previous cabin cruisers and have also with this one if I have more than 3 people on board. I do have a four blade prop installed. Which actually leads to another question - the boat came with a 5 blade SS prop - would I gain anything installing it? If nothing else, it's purty.

Thanks in advance.

RAM1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2022, 06:28 PM   #2
Admiral

I don’t think Maxum changed the fuel tank size based on engine size but was sized per boat model. The Waste cap is to pumpout the holding tank, toilet waste. Yes that’s what the trim tabs are for, decrease time to plane and balance the boat once on plane as required. What is the WOT with the current prop? Correct WOT is 4400-4800 for your engine.

Mike
mmwjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2022, 06:36 PM   #3
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmwjr View Post
I don’t think Maxum changed the fuel tank size based on engine size but was sized per boat model. The Waste cap is to pumpout the holding tank, toilet waste. Yes that’s what the trim tabs are for, decrease time to plane and balance the boat once on plane as required. What is the WOT with the current prop? Correct WOT is 4400-4800 for your engine.
I haven't ran it WOT. It cruises at 32 mph @ 4000 RPM's. Thanks for the info. I dumped in 22 gallons of fuel this morning and was curious about tank size. Flathead Lake is big, seems to be a good thing to know.
RAM1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2022, 10:46 PM   #4
Admiral

Do some shopping on Boat Trader and when you find a boat similar to yours question the owner about the tank size....

Love Flathead lake !!
I use to visit a friend in Whitefish and ride dirt bikes in the summer ... Beautiful country.
Phillbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 01:03 AM   #5
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAM1961 View Post
I haven't ran it WOT. It cruises at 32 mph @ 4000 RPM's. Thanks for the info. I dumped in 22 gallons of fuel this morning and was curious about tank size. Flathead Lake is big, seems to be a good thing to know.
WOT is a test rpm only and should not be sustained for more than a few minutes. This allows one to verify engine is able to achieve maximum performance with running gear.

Mike
mmwjr is offline   Reply With Quote