Old 08-01-2021, 07:20 PM   #1
Ensign

Default Waste water

Hi All,

Seen to be getting a lot of really bad waste water into the Bligeon my 3000 scr, smell is so bad I have to clean it out manually so kids can sleep in rear cabin, getting about 10ltrs per day and the leak seems to be from pipe running from a tank under bed/couch in rear cabin....is this a waste tank that needs to be emptied?....previous owner has no idea

Cheers

J

Johnnymal1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 12:20 AM   #2
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnymal1 View Post
Hi All,

Seen to be getting a lot of really bad waste water into the Bligeon my 3000 scr, smell is so bad I have to clean it out manually so kids can sleep in rear cabin, getting about 10ltrs per day and the leak seems to be from pipe running from a tank under bed/couch in rear cabin....is this a waste tank that needs to be emptied?....previous owner has no idea

Cheers

J
If you go to Documents you will find a year 2000 manual which includes the SCR 3000 and it shows the holding tank under the midberth. Yes it requires pumpout.

Mike
mmwjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 11:39 AM   #3
Captain

The waste tank is under the midberth as Mike mentions. Connections for the tank are on the aft end of the tank in the ER. Check both connections. The lower hose on mine started leaking when the gobs of silicone the factory applied came loose. That hose makes a 90’ turn to enter the tank and puts a lot of strain on the hose barb threads.

If the PO didn’t have any idea, that tank has probably been full for a while. Trying pump another 2-3 gallons of waste into it could have contributed to a fitting failing.

You will also need to check your vent hose for free flow of air to the tank. Overfilling can push waste into the line and either block it with crud or fill the loop with water.
jparsons121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 12:13 PM   #4
Ensign

Thanks guys, that's exactly what looks like is happening....timing is perfect....doing a few days with wife and family :-)
Johnnymal1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 03:27 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnymal1 View Post
....is this a waste tank that needs to be emptied?....
Yes, the black water (waste) holding tank would need to be periodically pumped out if you're using the head. Are you using the head???

Waste shouldn't discharge INSIDE of the boat unless one of the hose fittings came loose. Usually it will start purging out the vent line overboard. IF this is occurring you'd find pressure when trying to flush. Enough pressure can cause a line to come off.
shrew is offline   Reply With Quote

« Head | Legs »