Go Back   Maxum Boat Owners Club - Forum > Maxum General > Engines
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-05-2011, 06:11 PM   #1
Lt. Commander

Default Engine Room Bilge

Ok any of you guys who have the 3000SCR to the 3700SCR I find it tough to believe you don't have this issue.

Has anybody figured out the easiest way to replace the bilge pump in the engine room. Between the brace between the two engines, the risers, and the depth I'm having a hard time finding any way to replace this without taking apart half an engine or trying to teach my two year old how to undo the bilge cartridge?

Anybody have any ideas?

tackleshep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 10:51 PM   #2
Commander

Ours pump sits center line under the generator deck. I have to get on my knees but I can reach it and there is enough height to remove and replace it. Sorry this wasn't any help.

dronthelake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 02:11 AM   #3

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by tackleshep View Post
Ok any of you guys who have the 3000SCR to the 3700SCR I find it tough to believe you don't have this issue.

Has anybody figured out the easiest way to replace the bilge pump in the engine room. Between the brace between the two engines, the risers, and the depth I'm having a hard time finding any way to replace this without taking apart half an engine or trying to teach my two year old how to undo the bilge cartridge?

Anybody have any ideas?
Hey Tackleshep,

I breathed on this problem last year. I made a uhmw plastic plate that mounted the new rule 2000 gph bilge pump and and an automatic float switch that is stainless hinged so that you can flip it up for cleaning or servicing.

I am in Bangkok Thailand at the moment on business but when I get back next week I will send you some photos. ;-)

Bella Sera 3300SCR

P.S. better wear sun glasses to prevent glare off that newly poliglowed boat you got there Tackleshep Forget about checking the shine in a month, wait till the end of the season and it still looks like the day you finished applying it. "Like you, I once was,......like me you shall be"-
Bella Sera 3300SCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 04:05 PM   #4
Ensign

Send a message via ICQ to jcislak

On my 3000SCR it is probably the one of only a few things I can access easily. Mine sits forward and centerline of both engines. Which model do you have.
jcislak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 12:08 PM   #5

Lightbulb to avoid that sinking feeling.................

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella Sera 3300SCR View Post
Hey Tackleshep,

I breathed on this problem last year. I made a uhmw plastic plate that mounted the new rule 2000 gph bilge pump and and an automatic float switch that is stainless hinged so that you can flip it up for cleaning or servicing.

I am in Bangkok Thailand at the moment on business but when I get back next week I will send you some photos. ;-)

Bella Sera 3300SCR

As promised here is the bilge pump mod I did on the aft bilge pump and switch. I got tired of having to contort myself to clean the the intake screen on the pump so the reason for the hinged plate that now flips up for inspection and cleaning. The Rule 2000 is 4 times bigger GPH cap than the Rule 500 GPH it replaced.

Bella Sera 3300SCR

Bella Sera 3300SCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 01:40 PM   #6
Lt. Commander

Interesting, I can't get to the position your sitting in there. My 7.4L are so close together that contorsion isn't the issue. Just doesn't seem possible.

I have a johnson cartridge system pump that only needs to be unscrewed to be replaced. Thinking about using a handled grabber and a stick to see if I can get it out before I start taking risers off.

tackleshep is offline   Reply With Quote