I found this Hurley davit on Craigslist for $400 so I bought it to rebuild and mount on my 2400 SE. I spent $40 on powder coating, $20 with Hurley for bushings and rubber feet and $20 for button head hardware to replace the old bolts. An hour to take it apart and clean it, a week at the powdercoating place, an hour to drill and tap the old holes and an hour to put it together. Not too bad. I am going to mount it this weekend!
I spent another $200 for the Weaver mounts at Defender and adapters from Hurley so I can remove it when not in use.
Over the holidays I installed the Weaver mounts and I tried out the new dinghy on the davit this morning. The 8'6" size fits perfect on the swim step and I can still access the port entry. I just need to make some short straps and I should be finished.
I went back to the shop today and tried to find a way to store the electric dinghy motor. The spacing was good on the transom so I cut out a channel in an old fishing pole holder for the fin. I will get one of those Seadog motor brackets for the top rail and it should be out of the way but easy to get when needed.