Go Back   Maxum Boat Owners Club - Forum > Maxum General > Maxum Owners General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-16-2020, 12:35 AM   #1
Ensign

Default Hi! New to the group -2001 2100 SR

Hi All,

I see that introductions were once a thing, I'm not sure if it's still a tradition? Anyway, I've found this and the Facebook community to be really welcoming thus far. Thank you!

I picked up a 2001 2100 SR with a 5.7L Thunderbolt V. It has the rear convertible jump seats and two sleeper seats. Maroon hull.

Things I'm noodling on:

Getting all new canvases and carpets. I think I've got this all figured out.

The tach isn't working, which also means the hour meter isn't working. I'm thinking about replacing all of the gauges with Faria Kronos. But, they don't exactly match the OEM dash layout, so I'll need to get a new custom dash panel made. If you all have any experience with this, please let me know!

I also don't know how many hours are on the engine and really want to. Contrary to common belief, I've found that you can read the hours on a Thunderbolt V ignition module, but you have to have a special adapter no-one seems to have (A Rinda adapter # 94020)! If you do, please, please hit me up!

I'm missing the board that holds up the infill cushion in the middle of the open bow. I'd love to see a picture of one of these, or maybe buy one from someone if it's more special than a piece of marine plywood.

Also, noodling on new tunes. A new stereo head, new speaks (4 vs 2). Maybe a small amp and sub, but pretty subdued. I'd love to see pictures and have inspiration for this!

Thanks for the addition to the group!

Cameron
Attached Thumbnails
01212_24BRRkGTsi7_0jm0cS_600x450.jpg   maxum-2100sr-619969.jpg   RINDA.jpg  

cmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2020, 12:10 PM   #2
Admiral

Welcome aboard!

Nice looking boat.

Mike
mmwjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2020, 03:15 AM   #3
Lt. Commander

Welcome aboard, that’s a beauty.

There are two boards that hold up the filler cushion, super easy to make, do a cut out of the ridge that it would obviously sit on and choose your material. I can post pictures of the ones I need to replace if you like ( I have the same boat).

The Tac may just need to be unplugged and re plugged in then change the cylinder selection on the back a couple notches and put it back to the 8 cyl position, mine started working again right away and confirmed it is accurate. Terminal corrosion.

I installed 4 6 1/2 speakers and a 4 Chanel amp to power them as well as a new head unit and powered 10” sub mounted in the wood panel above your feet at the helm, was fairly easy to install and sounds incredible (going to install 2 more in the rear for better sound in the back)

Note: with the stereo upgrade I put in a second battery and a charging relay to make sure I don’t get stuck out on the lake from a dead battery. Despite how it looks you can move the trim pump enough to accommodate a second battery on the starboard side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2000, 2100SR 5.7 Alpha 1 Gen 2
Overboard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2020, 11:57 AM   #4
Captain

For the stereo upgrade, consider a bluetooth amp. It comes with a control panel but it's optional because you can control it from your phone. No holes to cut and amp stays out of the weather. I've seen a nice setup on amazon, it's kenwood bluetooth amp and four kenwood speakers. It's marine rated.
jrsick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 04:04 AM   #5
Ensign

Thank you!
Old 08-26-2020, 04:08 AM   #6
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overboard View Post
Welcome aboard, that’s a beauty.

There are two boards that hold up the filler cushion, super easy to make, do a cut out of the ridge that it would obviously sit on and choose your material. I can post pictures of the ones I need to replace if you like ( I have the same boat).

The Tac may just need to be unplugged and re plugged in then change the cylinder selection on the back a couple notches and put it back to the 8 cyl position, mine started working again right away and confirmed it is accurate. Terminal corrosion.

I installed 4 6 1/2 speakers and a 4 Chanel amp to power them as well as a new head unit and powered 10” sub mounted in the wood panel above your feet at the helm, was fairly easy to install and sounds incredible (going to install 2 more in the rear for better sound in the back)

Note: with the stereo upgrade I put in a second battery and a charging relay to make sure I don’t get stuck out on the lake from a dead battery. Despite how it looks you can move the trim pump enough to accommodate a second battery on the starboard side.

Great info!! I'd love pictures of the bow fill-in boards. Thank you!
Old 08-26-2020, 04:10 AM   #7
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrsick View Post
For the stereo upgrade, consider a bluetooth amp. It comes with a control panel but it's optional because you can control it from your phone. No holes to cut and amp stays out of the weather. I've seen a nice setup on amazon, it's kenwood bluetooth amp and four kenwood speakers. It's marine rated.
Interesting - that sounds like a good idea. Thanks for the heads-up!
Old 08-26-2020, 02:53 PM   #8
Lt. Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmiller View Post
Great info!! I'd love pictures of the bow fill-in boards. Thank you!

Hey man, sorry I have been out of town. I will be at my boat on Saturday and I will snap some pictures of the filler boards and post them as well as the sub @ amp and where they are mounted.

2000, 2100SR 5.7 Alpha 1 Gen 2
Overboard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 04:18 PM   #9
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overboard View Post
Hey man, sorry I have been out of town. I will be at my boat on Saturday and I will snap some pictures of the filler boards and post them as well as the sub @ amp and where they are mounted.

Awesome. Thank you!