Go Back   Maxum Boat Owners Club - Forum > Maxum General > Maxum Owners General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-09-2021, 07:17 PM   #1
Lt. JG

Default daily, monthly and yearly boat maintenance checklist?

Hi all - I'm still getting to know the systems on my 2001 3300. So far so good. She has twin Mercruisers. I want to build a checklist of items I need to check either daily (or each trip, monthly, yearly, etc.). Have any of you created such a list (perhaps not for a 3300, but at least a similar boat)?

I feel like when this boat came off the showroom to the first owner, a salesperson or tech likely gave them a total walkthrough, or even printout. I don't have that luxury, so will need to build my own.

I've been boating my whole life and understand about 85% of this boat, yet there remain many things I don't yet understand, and really want to "know" her inside and out. I know a bunch of items will (or should) likely be performed by a marine mechanic. Yet there are other items that are quite likely supposed to be performed by the owner (maybe checking seacocks, batteries, bilge/pumps). There are a lot of water intakes and drain outlets - unsure if they get clogged or need to be checked. Obviously, check the oil, etc.

I'm curious what your routine is, and how often you check on stuff...

Thanks!
Dan
denemante is offline   Reply With Quote