Go Back   Maxum Boat Owners Club - Forum > Maxum Specific > Sport Cruisers
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-12-2023, 10:49 AM   #1
Ensign

Default maxum 2300SCR water tank air exhaust issue

Hello.
there is a liitle problem with my water tank.
filling pipe is placed about 2/3 of tank height, and seems there is no any air outlet valve. So i cant fill full tank, because there is no way out for the air.
May be there is a "secret" valve which i hadnt found?

baza1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2023, 05:22 PM   #2
Lt. Commander

That’s odd. Every boat I’ve had experience with has a small air vent line on the tank that extends to a thruhull vent. Usually the tank vent is located next to the fill cap.

I’m this pic you can see the fill port in blue and the vent circled in red.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6278.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	410.8 KB
ID:	7628

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yahoo82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2023, 05:53 PM   #3
Admiral

I suspect there is a vent as without one the system would make it difficult to fill the tank but worse vacuum lock as water is drawn from the tank by the pump. The vent allows air in as the water is removed to prevent a vacuum. Are you filling the tank from the deck plate or trying to use the threaded hose attachment. If the later that doesn’t fill the tank as it has a check valve in the system to just provide water bypassing the pump.

Mike
mmwjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2023, 01:02 PM   #4

The fuel tank, water tank and holding tanks all have vent lines. The vent line is connected to a small through hull which is typically located fairly high above the water line. Higher than any water discharge, typically.

The vent through hulls are very small. Yours is clogged. There are typically three causes for clogs in the vent line.

1) There may be a low level loop that is trapping fluid. The vent line should have a loop that goes ABOVE the through hull. This ensures that any external water flows back out the through hull rather than into the tank. If there is a trap, air won't pass.

2) The vent throughhull has a screen which prevents bugs like muddaubbers or yellowjackets from building nests. This screen is aluminum and prone to corrosion over time. The screen or the through hull vent itself may likely need to be replaced.

3) bugs like muddaubbers have built a nest in the vent through hull.

Locate the vent line on the top of the water tank and follow it. Inspect the vent line for blockages. If no blockages, remove it from the through hull and then attempt to fill the tank. If it fills, it's the through hull itself.

This is a very common issue causing fill issues with water, and fuel and pump out issues with holding tanks.
shrew is offline   Reply With Quote