Old 02-17-2020, 11:42 AM   #1
Lt. JG

Default 2300SC Swim Platform Shower Valve

My Whale (cold only) shower valve on my 2001 2300SC swim platform has broken... the knob turns but the valve body does not... one has sheared from the other.. does anyone know the part number and/or where I can source a replacement?... thanks in advance

SimonM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 07:07 PM   #2
Captain

Try West Marine, it more than likely a Whale faucet.
Don

2012 South Bay Pontoon
donald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 07:33 PM   #3
Lt. JG

Quote:
Originally Posted by donald View Post
Try West Marine, it more than likely a Whale faucet.
Don
Yup... tried West Marine first... it is a Whale valve but WM didn’t appear to have the part... will check again thanks
Old 02-18-2020, 12:06 AM   #4
Admiral

Looking at whales product site I don’t see you part listed as listed. You may need to replace the entire assembly or look for a used one on eBay.

Mike
mmwjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 12:19 PM   #5
Lt. JG

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmwjr View Post
Looking at whales product site I don’t see you part listed as listed. You may need to replace the entire assembly or look for a used one on eBay.
Yeah I thought that might be the case... I’ll call Whale today and see if they have any magical answers?... will post the outcome here for any that follow and who have a similar issue in future
Old 02-18-2020, 01:09 PM   #6

I doubt you're going to find the part. You're more than likely going to need to replace the unit itself.
shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 01:13 PM   #7

Is it possible that a replacement knob will resolve the issue?

https://www.westmarine.com/buy/whale...2?recordNum=12

Often West Marine carries it, but it has to be ordered.
shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 08:50 PM   #8
Lt. JG

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrew View Post
Is it possible that a replacement knob will resolve the issue?

https://www.westmarine.com/buy/whale...2?recordNum=12

Often West Marine carries it, but it has to be ordered.
You are clearly a better Googler than me... I think we have a winner!!!
Old 10-08-2020, 11:15 AM   #9
Lt. JG

I know this is an old thread, but thought I'd add my two cents. I have (had) the same Whale Cold Water Shower on my 1998 2300 SC. Replaced those knobs more than once. Unit then started leaking at the valve under the knob, and since Whale no longer produces that unit, replacement in kind is not an option. I never really liked the Whale unit any way, as you have turn the valve open to start water flow and when finished, you have to lift the rear deck back up and turn the valve off. There was no way to really shut off the water flow at the handpiece intermittently other than turn the head of the handpiece slightly to reduce the water flow. Seemed to be wasting water. I removed the Whale shower unit and replaced it with a Scandvik 12117P Recessed Transom Shower With Push Button Handle. So much better to be able to turn the water on/off at the handpiece with the push of a button! I didn't want to cut another hole in the well, and since the hole for the Whale Shower was large (about 11"x"6"), I removed the Whale Shower unit, got a cheap nylon/plastic cutting board from Walmart, cut it to a size that would nicely cover the hole from the Whale unit, cut a hole in the center of the cutting board for the Scandvik mount, and project was done! Looks nice and functionality is better than the original shower Whale unit.
cwolaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 01:00 AM   #10
Lt. JG

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwolaw View Post
I know this is an old thread, but thought I'd add my two cents. I have (had) the same Whale Cold Water Shower on my 1998 2300 SC. Replaced those knobs more than once. Unit then started leaking at the valve under the knob, and since Whale no longer produces that unit, replacement in kind is not an option. I never really liked the Whale unit any way, as you have turn the valve open to start water flow and when finished, you have to lift the rear deck back up and turn the valve off. There was no way to really shut off the water flow at the handpiece intermittently other than turn the head of the handpiece slightly to reduce the water flow. Seemed to be wasting water. I removed the Whale shower unit and replaced it with a Scandvik 12117P Recessed Transom Shower With Push Button Handle. So much better to be able to turn the water on/off at the handpiece with the push of a button! I didn't want to cut another hole in the well, and since the hole for the Whale Shower was large (about 11"x"6"), I removed the Whale Shower unit, got a cheap nylon/plastic cutting board from Walmart, cut it to a size that would nicely cover the hole from the Whale unit, cut a hole in the center of the cutting board for the Scandvik mount, and project was done! Looks nice and functionality is better than the original shower Whale unit.
Sounds like a great solution... in the end I just replaced the Whale control knob... actually bought a pack of 2 so the new owner has a spare for the next tins it breaks!... yup, sadly sold the boat this summer... was a tough decision but, with the new big boat, we would t have used her and the new owner has used her almost every weekend, which is great to hear... thanks for the response... I’m sure it will be helpful to those who come after us ��