Go Back   Maxum Boat Owners Club - Forum > Maxum General > Projects and Customisations
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-07-2021, 05:26 PM   #1
Commander

Default Moving forward on a storage project ...

We don't use the sundeck's ice maker on our 1999 4100SCA - the freezer in the galley produces plenty of ice for us - so it's simply been a place to store bottle of cleaners. I've often dreamed of pulling the darn thing out to gain access to significantly more cubic feet for storage.

The door opening will be be 24" x 14" with some sort of shelving set up to utilize the 40" (top)/15"(bottom) depth of the area, which is about 18" high (these measurements are basically 'squaring off' the curved shape of the sliding door track area).

First item is to 'cap' the water line to the ice maker. I don't want to just remove the T in the line going to the sink in case a future owner would like to put in another ice maker. That will be easy. Then it's just a matter of cutting and hanging some shelving material (I'm guessing some stiff plastic) and making a door.

Has anyone else taken on this project? If so, I'd love to see what you did before I jump in with what I'm thinking.
PJHoffnet is offline   Reply With Quote