Go Back   Maxum Boat Owners Club - Forum > Maxum General > Projects and Customisations
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-02-2024, 02:30 AM   #1
Lieutenant

Default Just got a new project boat!

Hello all! Recently purchased a 1989 maxum 1700xr. Definitely a project boat. It has seen better years. I am new to boatsbut enjoy refurbishing things and this project will probably be my most difficult yet. So let me being you up to speed abs if you have questions... I'll answer them later.

Boat was left outside with no cover for a year. Engine seems to be a 1989 force 2 stroke outboard. It needs to be bored out abs have new pistons and rings put in. This is proving to be a difficult task in its own as nobody around me is willing to touch such am old engine. I will probably just sell it cheap and buy a decent used motor.

I purchased a12 x 20 portable garage and propane heater. Today I finished setting up both and it got nice and toasty in there! I got to work right away. I took out the seats and will keep them for later as templates. Carpeting and flooring was ripped out. Side pieces we removed as well. In removing the right side piece...I accidentally broke both the plastic face plate that goes over the throttle and the black plexiglass towards the stern. I do not know what the function is on the black plexiglass. It has the maxum emblem on it but you can't see through it.... it it just a cosmetic thing? I might just get rid of it altogether if it doesn't serve a purpose. The deck is bare and the seat bases are left. What would you say is my next step? Thanks for your assistance!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20240129_102900.jpg (321.5 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg 20240129_102828.jpg (254.5 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg 20240201_163641.jpg (154.8 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg 20240201_155049.jpg (252.6 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg 20240201_163721.jpg (209.3 KB, 9 views)
Triple J Graffis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
project, refurbish