Go Back   Maxum Boat Owners Club - Forum > Maxum General > Engines
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-20-2022, 05:03 PM   #1
Ensign

Default Engine lost comm

Was running boat yesterday, 2007 maxim 2600 SE, and on dashboard engine lost comm appeared. Never lost power and was able to finish out day with kids. I’ve been reading about this message quite a bit and a few people said a basic power recycle would help. It did to an extent as the message is no longer on the dash however the fuel gauge isn’t functioning. I put in 15 gallons after the engine lost calm light came on the display. Prior to that I had approximately a half tank. Now I receive a low fuel reading on the dashboard and the fuel gauge is essentially stuck at zero, maybe a tad above. Engine starts right up with no issues and runs like normal. My concern as obvious would be running out of fuel however I’d like to test this myself before calling for a repair. Any thoughts or assistance will be greatly appreciated.

dalejr03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2022, 06:27 PM   #2
Admiral

Is this boat equipped with Mercruiser’s smart craft vessel view? What you’re describing isn’t the standard helm package.

Mike
mmwjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2022, 06:46 PM   #3
Ensign

I have isolated it to the fuel sender which seems to mean the fuel level sensor is bit working properly. So going to start there and replace the 13.5” rod that is driven by 12V DC. The ohm reading 228 which means empty but I know it is 3/4 or more full.
Old 06-20-2022, 07:20 PM   #4
Ensign

After turning off batteries and DC power the display just provided the issue as well confirming what my testing told me. The digital RPM gauge displayed the error finally so purchased the unit for $60 will repost once fixed confirming the issue.