Go Back   Maxum Boat Owners Club - Forum > Maxum General > Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-25-2014, 09:40 PM   #1
Captain

Default Blower switch at electrical panel

Many other brands of boats I looked at had a blower switch inside the ac panel, which seems like a great (or obvious) idea, considering you should run the blower while running the generator.

Oddly, Maxum doesn't have this. So, this means when I wake up (read, come to) in the morning rafted up, I need to go out to the helm to turn on the blower, so the admiral can make me eggs and coffee (I know, first world problems).

So now I'm contemplating adding a blower switch to the panel. Simple enough wiring, just parallel the main blower switch. The issue is going to be pulling wire from the panel to the helm.

Has anyone done this?

Kevlar7r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 01:41 AM   #2
Admiral

Kev I bet you will be the first to do so therefore take plenty of pictures for others

Mike
mmwjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 03:02 PM   #3

If the genny was installed at the dealership, I doubt they would have run a second blower switch as well. No all genny's are installed at the factory. Some optional equipment was done at the dealership.
shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 01:01 AM   #4
Captain

I've been trying to figure out that.. My boat is a 99 model, but I have sales paperwork and brochures from maxum to the original owner in 2003. The generator is a 2003 model, and I have the warranty paperwork from an installer at a marina in 2003. I almost wonder if the boat was an unsold 99 that didn't sell until 2003.

Either way, I still haven't seen seen or heard of anyone else adding this. Am I the only one who wants one?
Kevlar7r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 03:58 PM   #5
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevlar7r View Post
I've been trying to figure out that.. My boat is a 99 model, but I have sales paperwork and brochures from maxum to the original owner in 2003. The generator is a 2003 model, and I have the warranty paperwork from an installer at a marina in 2003. I almost wonder if the boat was an unsold 99 that didn't sell until 2003.

Either way, I still haven't seen seen or heard of anyone else adding this. Am I the only one who wants one?
Well if you want those eggs and coffee that bad you will either continue walking the extra 10 feet or add the switch, guess no one else is interested.

Mike
mmwjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 04:45 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevlar7r View Post

Yes, that is your answer. The boat was retrofitted with an optional generator at the dealership and the installer didn't bother running an additional circuit to the blower from the panel. Honestly, I don't blame them. It would be a difficult job and one already exists at the helm. If you want one, then install one or have a marine electrician install one for you.

shrew is offline   Reply With Quote