I guess this is the punch line....seems like when I was removing the battery, charing it, and then replacing it I managed to "lose track of" all the wires that were connected to the battery....duh. So, yes, I found a wire (b/white) that was deep in the engine well just "hanging out"....and when I reconnected it to the battery...yep, it worked. So likey pump one, and two were just fine...it was that a wire was not connected.
Thanks for your suggestions and ideas...they led me to the problem which I hadn't even considered...but that why this is so cool. Gotta love the the good things the internet has brought us.