Hello to all Maxum owners on the forums! Just a brief introduction about us, and what exactly the family (wife and son) are looking for. Around 10 years ago my wife (pre child) owned two FX cruiser waverunners, and small Yamaha jet boat. We never slipped them before, so as you can imagine we took them home each time. We will both be the first people to tell we have very little experience with boating, especially a cruiser. Our goal is to slip this boat, and stay over on weekends. Possibly stay over 1 or 2 nights during the weekday.
- Sleep 2 or 3 comfortably
- Have built in AC
- Full head
- Comes with trailer
Our list is very simple. To be honest we will probably be more docked then out on the water. Just relaxing and being together as a family. The marina we will be staying at has tons of activities including movie night for the kids on Fridays, and live concerts on Saturdays for the adults.
- Found the survey person we want to use on our inspection
- Have a local captain we will be paying to train both my wife, and I on docking, winds, and general safety on our boat.
- Both the wife and I are completing a online safety course to get acclimated to the boating world again.
- Trying not to buy a lemon
We just want something thats fun for us 3, and being safe on the water. I'm OK, if it needs a little maintenance service such as a hull re-paint or something as a full wax such as the boat I'm showing in the pictures to bring back the shine of the gelcoat.
Bottom line just seeing what you folks think of the boat listed. Anything I should be checking specially on this boat? Maybe you see something in the pictures that should scare me away? Before I get serious and send my survey person out, and spend money I want to see what everyone thinks.
Boat Details - 2000 Maxum 2400 SCR
- 168 Hours
- MerCruiser - 5.7 Bravo 3
- Loadmaster Tandem Axle Trailer
- Dual Batteries with Switch and Charger, Snap In Carpet, Trim Tabs, Compass, Depth Finder, AM/FM/CD Stereo, VHF Marine Radio, Full Canvas, Cockpit Cover, Microwave, Alcohol/Electric Stove, AC/DC Refrigerator, Hot Water Heater, Air Conditioner, Bow Table, Cockpit Table, and Pump Out Head. The trailer is a Load Master Tandem Axle Trailer with Spare Tire & Surge Brakes.
- Winterized October 2014
Sorry there is a lot of pictures so had to link them to a slideshow.
Hull And Top
Thanks for taking the time to read our post! Open to comments