Go Back   Maxum Boat Owners Club - Forum > Maxum Community > Welcome Mat | New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-19-2021, 01:00 AM   #1
Ensign

Default Hello from Buffalo, NY

My wife and I purchased a 1994 2400scr in the fall and are currently cleaning and fixing her up for the season. Went from a 20 foot open bow to the 2400 so I’m a bit nervous, especially about docking. One thing in the boat that doesn’t work is the refrigerator. I’ve read in a couple of posts that it’s a nightmare getting it out of the cabin. Does anyone have any tips about fridge removal and/or a refrigerator that would replace the old one and fit through the cabin entry door? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

CoachK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2021, 01:13 AM   #2
Admiral

I think most remove the refrigerator door to get it out.

Mike
mmwjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2021, 12:54 PM   #3

Welcome aboard CoachK!!!

Going from 20 - 24 won't be that bad. You'll be used to it in no time. Remove the door and the mounting brackets and you should be fine to get the fridge out. I suppose if hand tools, grunge, rust and dust bunnies makes you squeamish, then sure it'd be a 'nightmare' I guess.
shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2021, 01:45 PM   #4
Lieutenant

Welcome to the forum and good luck with your boat. I lived in Buffalo (actually Cheektowaga) for the 1st 40 years of my life. Been on the Upper Eastern Shore of Maryland the last 6 years.

Will you be trailering it or keeping it docked at one of the marina?
Patrick Bodkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2021, 03:46 PM   #5
Lt. Commander

Welcome! I don't know if cabin doors and refrigerators are standard regarding the size of boat but on my 33 I was able to get the old one out and the new one in but it was very close! I actually removed even the thin trim around the cabin opening but it fit. Probably easier to remove the fridge door.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
sph801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 01:01 AM   #6
Ensign

Thanks for all the responses. I finally tore the old fridge apart today and had to totally strip everything off the bucket of rust so it would fit through the cabin door. Has anyone had any experience bringing a new one through the cabin door on a 2400? The opening is very tight so I would be interested to know what refrigerator you could actually get in through that door.
Old 05-20-2021, 01:04 AM   #7
Ensign

We actually live in Cheektowaga! We are keeping the boat at safe harbor marina. We kept our 20 foot one on the upper Niagara close to Tonawanda but it was too rough around that peace bridge so we moved into the lake.
Old 05-20-2021, 10:02 AM   #8
Lieutenant

I lived in the Dick Road - George Urban area most of my life. We got so used to the take-offs and landings from the Airport that we hardly noticed them until visitors asked us how we could put up with living in the take-off and landing zone..... LOL.

Patrick Bodkin is offline   Reply With Quote