Go Back   Maxum Boat Owners Club - Forum > Maxum General > Maxum Owners General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-31-2008, 11:28 PM   #1
Lieutenant

Send a message via MSN to Flying_Maxum
Default Weekend out of town.

Nothing like coming home from being out of town only to find out a good size branch fell off of a tree and broke out the starboard windshield and bent the windshield frame. Luckily I have Boat US insurance and it is covered. Now I get to take on the task of trying to find a replacement. I hope the local Maxum dealer will be able to help me out, but if not, anyone have any ideas? From what I can tell so far, that is all that is damaged luckily, but I need to get in there when I have more daylight and pull the cover off to make sure. The part that really ticks me off is the trip was last minute, if I hadn't gone, I was going to do spring cleaning on the boat, which would have meant it wouldn't had been sitting near that tree. grrrrr.

Old 04-01-2008, 03:38 PM   #2
Commander

Bummer. At least you have insurance.

racer2c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 08:44 PM   #3
Lieutenant

Send a message via MSN to Flying_Maxum

Well the good news is the local Maxum dealer can get me the part. They have to order it, and it will probably take a month to get it. The bad news is it costs $550, my ins. policy has a depreciation clause on parts, so in the end it is better for me to buy the frame and glass (comes as one piece), and put it in myself. They will only pay 10% on parts due to the age of the boat but 100% of labor. But after my deductible they pretty much wont be paying anything and I will be paying it all. Such is life. The good news is I will be able to give advice on how to do it afterwards!!