Old 07-23-2007, 12:45 PM   #1
Lt. Commander

Default Some mother's son's

I know we have several readers that ply the Potomac, and Occoquan regularly. So, I want to pass along the following tidbit. We used to stop after a day on the water at a location just past the RR bridge. Pretty good food and the tables outside gave a good view of boats coming and going. I won't name the establishment, don't need to since there are so few.

This week, when we tried to tie up, it was to our dismay that we found the restaurant no longer has any real tie up space. There are two tight slips up next to the bulwarks, but that's it! Bottom line is the owner woosed out. If you are in the area, you will need to go further up the river under the 123 bridge. The restaurant on the left has invested in very nice docks. I believe it is called Madigan's, and the food and drink were excellent. Just a tip.

KKKKFL

Franco_2100SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 12:31 PM   #2
Lt. JG

That sounds like a nice place to go. Do you have to pay for the slip just to eat there?

Old 07-25-2007, 02:06 PM   #3
Lt. Commander

Default Madigan's

plenty of space out along the wall and the water is nice and deep. They have slips for rent, but there's a rock pile to navigate around and I'm not sure how best to get in there. We tied up along the outer wall just beyond a ladder. Seemed well built and matched up well with the fenders we put out. From the foredeck of the cuddy I could step up on the dock, but when the tide went out it was a bit of a stretch for the ladies. Nonetheless, I highly recommend it to you and all that are in the Occoquan. Just keep going up til you pass under the last bridge.

KKKKFL
Old 07-25-2007, 02:07 PM   #4
Lt. Commander

Default forgot to add

No charge to tie up and use resturant.
KKKKFL
Old 07-27-2007, 02:37 PM   #5
Lt. JG

I decided to take Franco's advice on the Occoquan restaurant trip. It was a beautiful 80 degree evening and the wife and I decided to go for it. We had never been down this leg of the river and thought we'd try it. we passed 3 or 4 marinas and a searay dealer on the way. The no wake
seemed to be about 25 to 35 minutes, since this area narrows it was nice sailing, clean smooth water. We got under the bridge and immediatley saw a dozen or so slips right up next to the restaurant. Good call Franco
I plan on taking a group up in the next few weekends.