Go Back   Maxum Boat Owners Club - Forum > Maxum General > Maxum Owners General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-13-2010, 03:02 AM   #1

Wink

Thanks Dan,

Hey, theres nothing lowly about an 2400 SC3, including the four speaker set up you have, my 2nd boat was a Four Winns 215 Sundowner and I loved it. Cuddys are a great compromise which I figure all boats are in one way or another. It all depends on what you want from your floating friend. I too replaced the head unit on Bella, went with the Jensen #2007 Ipod controller unit with three different remotes. It is really nice to be able to control the music from the helm, salon or from neat little floating waterproof R/F remote fob that works from 100' away . Cool for hanging out on the beach and chillin with friends with full stereo control. My twin 350MAG's make a beautiful noise at her 37 mph cruise speed but it is also nice to hear the music clear as a bell with the extra speakers and power over the 600 ponies trotting along ;-)

Jeff
Bella Sera 3300SCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 02:22 PM   #2
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to ss3964spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella Sera 3300SCR View Post
It all depends on what you want from your floating friend.
'Eh, we talkin 'bout boats or spouces? LOL

Oh no, I'm quite enamored with our 2400 SC3, regardless of how marginal the speakers are. Being our very first boat, and us having been on the water for just 2/3 of one season, it seems to really work well for how we use a boat. I'm hard pressed to think of a better type, or size, of "starter" boat for us. Our's also has the 350 MAG with a B3 drive. Definitely a good combination in the 2400 SC3. I guess your 3300 weighs roughly twice, perhaps a bit more, what mine does so the dual 350's on Bella likely do the job just fine.

Man, can't wait for Spring!
ss3964spd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 02:49 PM   #3
Lt. Commander

I bet that 350 Mag in a 2400 really gets up and moves! We've got the 5.0 MPI with the B3 on our 2400 and despite my wife's best efforts to pack a weeks worth of supplies for every day we're going to be out, it still gets up on the plane easily. What do you cruise at Dan?

...and yeah, waiting for Spring is killing me this year.
Nimh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 03:43 PM   #4
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to ss3964spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimh View Post
What do you cruise at Dan?
Cruise is right around 34 Nimh but frankly, cruise - to me, is any speed once on plane. Wife and I are small framed people so when it's just the two of us and our stuff for a day, plus a full tank, the tub gets on plane in about 5 seconds. Tops out around 50 MPH. Of course, I can't actually see where I'm pointng the the boat at that speed because my eyes are watering bad, so top speed sprints are few and far between. Besides, even though I'm a "hotrodder" by nature, I really don't care about going real fast on the water. Would much rather run it around 30 and enjoy the scenery and not spill my champaign.

Dan
ss3964spd is offline   Reply With Quote