Old 11-24-2020, 01:37 PM   #1
Ensign

Default Magic Marine Tow

I have a Maxum 4600 and have recently purchased a 12 foot inflatable dinghy. I had been using a Dinghy Caddy and quite liked it but the new dinghy is too heavy for it and to upgrade to heavy duty Caddy is big bucks. Looking at Magic Marine Tow. Any body have any experience or comments with respect to that product.

Thanks

BRitter1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 02:11 PM   #2

I looked up the website. Interesting. I don't know if I like where the boat sits in the wake. The pic at 30mph has the rib listing over as it gets lifted by the wake on one side.

shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 03:08 PM   #3
Ensign

Thanks for your reply.

Has me a bit concerned too. Advantages are the price and its full weight not on swim platform but my worries if water is rough how it will handle.
Old 11-25-2020, 08:27 PM   #4
Lt. Commander

I did the same as Shrew and looked it up. Did look interesting. Always a challenge dealing with a tender unless you have a huge yacht with a crane and deck. I towed a 12' rib for a bit but it was a pain to manage in and out of Marina's and my wife always felt like she had to keep her eyes glued to it underway. I kept that boat for the marina and bought a 9' 6" Newport Vessels inflatable which I keep stowed under a seat on deck and just inflate it when I reach my destination. Of course this is challenging but doable on my swim platform. My boats a 3300 SCR. Sorry to ramble. This didn't help your question at all. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
sph801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 09:09 PM   #5
Ensign

Appreciate your input. Always good to hear other peoples opinion.

Wish I could hook one up to my boat just to try.

Someone in our marina is very happy with his, BUT he usually just limits his speed to 8-10 kts. I am no speed demon but when we are traveling to drop anchor some place I would like to know I could take it up to 20. We always have our dog with us so we need the dinghy with us when staying out overnight plus I love to go exploring with it wherever we go.

Summer is just a distant dream right now for us northern folk..
Old 09-13-2022, 03:59 PM   #6
Ensign

The speed of your boat has no effect on the towing with the Magic Marine Tow device. In fact, the faster you go the more stable the action of your PWC is in the wake of your boat. The only consideration is with Sea-Doos, WaveRunners and JetSkis. They all require a very simple cutoff valve for the intake hose to prevent water from entering the engine. You can contact me at richard@magicmarinetow.com for additional information.
Cheers, Richard
Richard Dusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2022, 03:53 PM   #7
Commander

As with any 'towed' tender method, I worry about how to deal with the tender once it's time to dock the boat .... where do you put the tender when you're going astern, or backing into a slip? In one photo on the MMT site, the 'toys' add significant 'length' and thus require a larger slip. Larger slip = more $$$.
PJHoffnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2022, 06:51 PM   #8
Admiral

Tie it to the bow..
Phillbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2022, 01:15 AM   #9
Ensign

Default Length of PWC

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJHoffnet View Post
As with any 'towed' tender method, I worry about how to deal with the tender once it's time to dock the boat .... where do you put the tender when you're going astern, or backing into a slip? In one photo on the MMT site, the 'toys' add significant 'length' and thus require a larger slip. Larger slip = more $$$.
Good Question,
The MMT connection to your tender or any PWC is made so that you can turn your PWC sideways and tie it parallel to your swim platform. There is a picture of this on our website.

Richard Dusk is offline   Reply With Quote