Old 04-23-2007, 02:27 PM   #1
Lieutenant

Default Busy last week getting the boat ready

My wife and I took all the gold/teal striping off our 98 2400 SCR *yuck* and relayed blk/silver/grey instead. Also painted the MAXUM letters and 2400 SCR on the side in silver to match the striping. Finally laid the vinyl name/graphic too.

Most labor intensive thing I did to it this past week was recarpet the whole inside. The original carpet was all matted down, dirty, and stained. Went to the carpet store and bought huge roll of scrap that matched almost perfect to the original stuff. The old pulled up quite easily, mostly glued down. Where there was wood I stapled the new down otherwise I used heavy construction adhesive. Turned out great!

Dropping her off for bottom paint on Tuesday then its start of a new season for me!

NWINMaxum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 04:55 PM   #2
Lt. Commander

Default SempreVeloce on the Occaquan

I took off Friday, hauled the boat from the State park to home. Since I have the boat professionally winterized, it was a pretty quick "Move the battery from the garage to the boat" and since the folks at Harbin do a fabulous job they tie wrap all wires from each post, so I just re-connect, clamp on the earmuffs for water, and turn the key. Took about 20 minutes at idle for the thermostats to open. Then on Saturday did a trip up to Mount Vernon, dodging all the flotsam. So if you hear Sempre Veloce on the radio, please call back... We're out on the water every weekend.

KKKKFL

Franco_2100SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 08:19 PM   #3
Lieutenant

Send a message via MSN to Flying_Maxum

Well I am very happy to say that after re-installing all of my drain plugs and replacing a broken spark plug (oops, broke it winterizing), and doing a few other routine checks, I was finally able to hook up the garden hose to the outdrive muffs. Fired right up, ran like a champ. I have been dying to get on the water, but wife has me doing all kinds of stuff around the house. Would have went this past weekend, but I decided it would be a good idea to add on to our deck instead. Maybe this coming weekend........