Go Back   Maxum Boat Owners Club - Forum > Maxum General > Maxum Owners General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-12-2022, 07:50 AM   #1
Ensign

Default A/C and shower drain 2002 240 SCR

Greetings,

Does anyone have a photo or schematic that shows the hose and water pump for my 5000 btu a/c unit as well as the shower pump hose and pump setup? I made the cardinal sin. I forgot to take photos before moving both pump systems to get better access the the flange on the shower drain. The drain cover was corroded. The replacement went fine and everything is set to go except for which line goes where from the pump that feeds water to to the a/c unit from the open seacock valve. Thanks!!

bajakar240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2022, 01:12 PM   #2

I keep a roll of blue masking tape and a sharpie on my boat at all times. Labelling things prior to disconnection makes life easier. Especially if you end up disconnecting something in Oct and reassembling in April. (Lesson learned).

If I understand it, you have the drain hose from the shower sump and the raw water cooling hose for the A/C??

Pour some water down the shower drain and turn on the pump, whichever hose the water comes out will identify both hoses.

shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2022, 10:58 PM   #3
Ensign

Thanks for your response. I did figure it out. The issue I was having was relating to which fitting was for the line running from the sedacock to the water pump that feeds my water cools a/c system. The thing that threw me off the most was the way the inline filter for the the system is on the wrong side of the pump. They located it after the water pump, on the line that goes from the water circulating pump to the pump on the a/c unit itself. I went on line looked at enough a/c type raw water pumps to figure out the line from the seacock to the pump itself always sits on top of the pump and the discharge outlet generally sits in the middle of the pump. Plus the intake fitting is a female fitting and the discharge side has a male fitting. Thank you again! I would post my own photo except for the fact my phone decided to stop charging on me...
bajakar240 is offline   Reply With Quote