Go Back   Maxum Boat Owners Club - Forum > Maxum General > Maxum Owners General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-06-2007, 05:45 PM   #1
Lt. Commander

Default 2100SR versus 2100SC

Just read about a user with the 2100SR which is a bow rider , since it is the same length as my 2100SC I am curious as to the ride. Here's some background.

Ours has never been comfrotable in a light chop. Moving the trim in and out, a comfortable ride was hard to come by that is until I installed Lenco tabs. I had friends take pictures of my boat when it was "on plane" as well as just prior to climbing over the top to get on plane. One thing was apparent. the tail end is heavy... It seemed like the best speed was achieved with about half the hull out of the water, but when I saw pictures of it climbing out of the hole, the forward part of the hull was still out. In other words, roughly half the hull stays in the water all the time and the only difference is the pitch of the bow. Once on plane there is less boat in the water, and the nose is pitched down..

With the tabs installed I didn't get many pictures last year, so I'm going to be curious to see where things balance out. Since the 2100SR bow rider has less weight up front, (unless you have folks sitting up forward) I would be curious to know what the 2100SR rides are like. Might be different circumstances when you are boating on a lake, that's another variable in the soup. We are up and down the Potomac river mostly, with a few trips into the Chesapeke Bay.

KKKKFL

Franco_2100SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 07:15 PM   #2
Commander

2200 SR3 - 3,735 lb
2100 SC - 3,568 lb
1800 SR3 - 3,300 lb

Those are the base weights of the 2006 models. My 1800 is horrible in the chop while other boats, in this size range, fly by me with their riders smiling and having a grand ol' time while me and my passengers are getting our fillings knocked out. It's hard to tell if they are running trim tabs. I'm starting to think most are and tabs are high on my priority list of things to get.
Fishing boats? Forget about it! I've been in rough chop slumping along at 20mpg while the Rangers etc fly by me like I'm standing still. Those boats skim across the top. Granted they are a different style hull.

Having read many of the wakeboard forums there many mentions of a smoother ride when they put 300 to 500lb fat sacs (water bag ballast) in the bow. Most leave them in place even when not planing on pulling anyone due to the improved ride in the chop. Which is rather contradictory in my opinion because when I go over another boats wake or rough chop I throttle up to get the bow up which really helps smooth the impact.

I'm surprised that 22' bowrider is a 168lbs heavier. I wonder what the difference is?

racer2c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 08:08 PM   #3
Lieutenant

Send a message via MSN to Flying_Maxum

I have only had my 2100SR2 out once since I bought it late last year. The water was a little choppy, but not really that bad, and it rode a ton smoother than the 1800 I sold. It was a more comfortable ride than the 1800 by far, and with the 5.7 compared to the 4.3, was much faster, topped out at just over 50. I can tell you, it jumped on plane faster than any boat that size I have ever been in, took no time at all. I bought it at a dealer, and even he was shocked at how fast it got on plane.
Old 02-06-2007, 08:51 PM   #4
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying_Maxum
I have only had my 2100SR2 out once since I bought it late last year. The water was a little choppy, but not really that bad, and it rode a ton smoother than the 1800 I sold. It was a more comfortable ride than the 1800 by far, and with the 5.7 compared to the 4.3, was much faster, topped out at just over 50. I can tell you, it jumped on plane faster than any boat that size I have ever been in, took no time at all. I bought it at a dealer, and even he was shocked at how fast it got on plane.
Stock prop? Sounds like the dealer might have put something other than the stock prop on it. My 1800SR3 has the 4.3 with the the stock 23 pitch aluminum 3-blade and it easily does 55 with two in the boat (trimmed all the way out on smoothish water). I've done 50 with six passengers in 1 foot chop.
Planes in 10~ seconds, which is fast. I'm thinking about getting a High Five 19 pitch stainless 5 blade which not only gives it a hell of a kick out of the hole but supposedly even helps in choppier water (to stay somewhat on topic).

how fast was your average cruise speed in your 21' in the chop?
racer2c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 01:33 PM   #5
Lieutenant

Send a message via MSN to Flying_Maxum

I dont know about the prop, it is a stainless prop, but it has a couple nicks, probably need to get a new one or atleast file it smooth. I just know my 1800 did not go faster than 45 with the 4.3. As far as cruise speed goes, I really dont remember, was not really paying attention, and the speedo was a little inconsistent, need to make sure it is not plugged or clogged. I am quite sure mine was on plane in less than 10, but I did not really time it. I do know it felt like it jumped out of the water. Maybe the previous owner installed a prop for bottom end.
Old 02-08-2007, 10:58 PM   #6
Lieutenant

wow thats fast racer.
Never timed my 2300SC to plane but I know I gotta hit about 3200rpm to plane.

Mine cruised nicely at about 33 knotts in about 2 1/2 foot seas keeping it at about 4000 - 4100 rpms with 3 on the boat for about a 2 1/2 hour trip from long island to brooklyn. But that was also with the wind on our ass which helped alot. The speed came off my gps so it must have been pretty acurate.

MaxumNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote