Go Back   Maxum Boat Owners Club - Forum > Maxum Specific > Sport Cruisers
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 11-27-2010, 03:44 AM   #1
Lt. JG

Default Cabling from Stereo to Steering Wheel area - SCR3000

Hi, does anyone know how to get a cable between the Stereo and the top gauge panel on an SCR3000? I am trying to wire a remote stereo control and getting the cable to the outside of the boat is proving quite tricky.

Thanks.

veuve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 04:05 AM   #2
Admiral

Welcome to the zoo....

someone here with that model will hopefully chime in...

SP

Par Excellence
------------------------------
2008 Bayliner 340 - "Wild Whim"
--------------------------------------
I live in my own little world....but it's okay-they know me here!!!

Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.
Tap-Rack-Bang

Anyone that sez "Size doesn't matter" has never owned a boat!
seapuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 01:40 PM   #3

Where is the stereo? I have a friend with a 3000 and it's almost identical to my 2800, but then they are within a year of each other. IF your's is like mine, then the stereo is on the port side of the companion-way stairs going into the cabin. The cabin hatch is also on the port side. If I were to run a cable for the helm to my stereo, I'd need to go from the helm, down into the mid-cabin, then over to the port side, then under the stairs and up behind the bulkhead beside the stairway and up to the stereo.

Yours might be different. The post doesn't decribe the routing challenges you're dealing with.
shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 07:00 AM   #4
Lt. JG

Thanks Shrew.

You are correct on the location. My stereo is on the port side and the helm on the right. Unfortunately I can't find a way from the helm into the mid cabin. I have the cable inside the roof lining from the stereo to the inspection plate above the head (Loo) but thats as far as I get. What am I missing?

thanks
Old 12-08-2010, 01:19 PM   #5

What year is the 3000? Behind the helm dash, down to the lower right (Stbd side) you should see where all the wiring from the helm is passing through the bulkhead. Basically follow the wires from your fuse buses in the helm. There should be a space between outer hull/deck and the inner cokcpit helm. The wiring should run throgh the bulkhead then back to the engine compartment.

In the mid-cabin on the stbd side (Left as you enter into the batcave) you most likely have a clothes locker of some kind there. The wires run back behind there along with the sanitation lines for the head. In my 2800 (keep in mind years and models will vary, but the boats are desinged and built by the smae people so there are more than likely SOME commonalities). In the bottom of the locker there is a shelf that when removed is a covering for the sanitation lines and electrical lines.

You are more than likely going to need to feel around for some screws and start taking things apart a little bit to run the wires through there. Once you're able to get the wire into the locker, you could more than likely run it either under the sole of the midcabin, or along the ceiling. I prefer things to be hidden.

NOTE: Never drill anything that you're not 100% sure of what is on the other side. could be electrical, could be a sanitation line. Could be the hull.

Pics might be helpful too.
shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 10:53 AM   #6
Lt. JG

thanks, I got it through. The wiring harness is near impossible due to the fact it needs to feed on a 45 degree angle up and I can't reach into the access panel above the head.

In the end, I drilled a hole from the top instrument panel into the inspection panel. That sorted it.

Thanks for your help.