Go Back   Maxum Boat Owners Club - Forum > Maxum General > Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-26-2022, 06:56 PM   #1
Ensign

Default Wiring a new stereo in a 3300 scr

Does anybody have any helpful hints on how to run the wiring for a new stereo system? I'll be installing speaker all the way in back next to the entry door and two facing outside next to the door either in the storage doors or next to them if there is enough room.

I'll also add a set to the side of the arch and replace the ones in the top of the arch. The other side will go under the throttle controls and opposite side by the cabin door. That should do it for now speaker wise. I'd like to put the amps in the closet, there's one there already but prefer to install them closer to the batteries, less cable run so better performance.

The head unit will be mounted somewhere in the helm, still deciding on exactly where.

Any of you have any advice or pictures I'll take it.

TIA

Rockrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2022, 01:33 PM   #2

I'd suggest the head unit in the cabin, and a remote control unit at the helm. That is just my .02.

Wiring typically get run below decks and up to where you need the wiring. You'll need a fishing tape.

shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2022, 04:40 PM   #3
Lt. Commander

Look into a fusion head unit. I put a MSRA70N in the stock location (cabinet to port over the cabin stairs) where there was a JBL marine single DIN stereo that I think was OEM. The RA70N can be remotely controlled 3 ways -- through a slick smartphone app that works like a SONOS, through a NMEA2000 multifunction screen, and via little wireless $50 add-on pucks that you can mount anywhere on the boat. I really like the Fusion a lot, works great, has 4 channels in 2 zones that you can control together or separately. The price is reasonable too ... something like $279 IIRC. Their more spendy units are even nicer.
Old 04-08-2022, 12:49 PM   #4

I've had 3 Fusion stereos and will only install Fusion. The one in my salon is Bluetooth/AM/FM. I stream SeriusXM and Pandora from my iPad which is installed at the lower helm for weather, internet, navigation and music control.

The head unit at the upper helm has SeriusXM, but I also stream Pandora to it. The upper is controlled by my phone sitting in a phone stand at the helm.
shrew is offline   Reply With Quote

« Jc21 | Dual battery »