Old 07-18-2016, 07:09 PM   #1
Ensign

Default New to Maxim boats, not new to lake life.

I just found your forum.

What a great resource!

I have am issue with a Maxim boat I just purchased. I could use some measurements. I must verify the year model of my 2100 SC before asking any unanswerable questions.

I am 45. I live 5 minutes from Lake Ouachita, in Mt. Ida Arkansas. Lake Hamilton is 30 Minutes away.
If you are not familiar there are 3 lakes in a chain on the Ouachita River. They were built in the 1950s.
The first and Largest by far is Lake Ouachita. It is surrounded by the Ouachita National Forrest. There is no private land on the lake so it is natural and one of the more beautiful lakes in our fair land.
Lake Hamilton is the commercialized lake. Hamilton has some incredible houses. 18,000 square feet and larger! From fountains to helipads you will see many sights. The weekends are big, the Holiday weekends are ridiculous!
If you are looking for the party, Lake Hamilton is where it's at!
Lake Catherine is much smaller than Hamilton and is much more quiet. There are some very nice houses and estates there also.

I know I sound like an advertisement but I cant help it. I LOVE this place. I recently moved from Little Rock to Mount Ida to be in the middle of it.

My current modes of water fun are:

1977 Party barge currently getting a new deck. With a 1970s 70hp Johnson Stinger outboard. I hope to finish it today.

1985 Cris Craft Scorpion 210 bow rider. With a 260hp Mercruiser I/O (replaced less than 40 hours ago) Needing a little TLC but close to sea worthy.

1996 Landau Party Barge. With a Mercury Force 120hp outboard. It is in decent shape.

2006 (I think) Maxim 2100 SC bow rider. 260hp Mercruiser I/O

2012 Seadoo (forgot the model) With a 260hp supercharged Rotax engine.

2014 Seadoo 260GTX. With a 260hp supercharged Rotax engine.

I have been on the water since I can remember. I have repaired many boats. Which also means I have damaged many boats also. I hope I can be a help to some of you guys.

Thanks
Steve

HotSpringsLakesLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 10:01 PM   #2
Admiral

Welcome aboard

WOW that's some intro.

Mike
mmwjr is online now   Reply With Quote