Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 08-01-2017, 10:39 PM   #1
Ensign
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 6
Default Air conditioning

I have a new to me 95 Maxum 2700 scr that has air conditioning. Have not used yet this year. I understand the pump priming aspect but for the life of me I cannot find the sea strainer. Should it be before the pump and after the seacock? Or is it after the pump hidden somewhere else. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much!!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________

riegfrghtl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 10:45 PM   #2
Lieutenant
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 57
Default

I have a 3000 scr and it is right next to the seacock. It's cylinder shaped and closes with wing nuts.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
__________________

jayesq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 10:47 PM   #3
Ensign
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayesq View Post
I have a 3000 scr and it is right next to the seacock. It's cylinder shaped and closes with wing nuts.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk


That's where I thought it should be. It may have been removed!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
riegfrghtl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 11:37 PM   #4
Admiral
 
mmwjr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Perry Hall, Maryland
Posts: 5,403
Default

Yes it should be between the seacock and water pump.
__________________
Mike
mmwjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 12:03 AM   #5
Ensign
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmwjr View Post
Yes it should be between the seacock and water pump.


It's not there! Guess I will be buying one! Any ideas what size inlet and outlet I need!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
riegfrghtl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 12:22 AM   #6
Admiral
 
mmwjr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Perry Hall, Maryland
Posts: 5,403
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by riegfrghtl View Post
It's not there! Guess I will be buying one! Any ideas what size inlet and outlet I need!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Remove the hose from the seacock and measure it's id (inside diameter), then buy a strainer with hose barbs for this size. The strainer may not come with the barbs so then match the inlet to the hose size.
__________________
Mike
mmwjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 12:43 AM   #7
Ensign
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmwjr View Post
Remove the hose from the seacock and measure it's id (inside diameter), then buy a strainer with hose barbs for this size. The strainer may not come with the barbs so then match the inlet to the hose size.


Thank you!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
riegfrghtl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 09:54 PM   #8
Lieutenant
 
PJHoffnet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Viera, FL
Posts: 61
Default

Don't forget to double clamp the hoses to the strainer - safety first, safety always.
__________________
Paul
Changes in L'Attitudes
1999 Maxum 4100 SCA
PJHoffnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 09:54 PM   #9
Ensign
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 6
Default

Thank you sir!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________

riegfrghtl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT. The time now is 04:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.