Old 03-22-2018, 10:01 AM   #1
Ensign

Default Maxum 4100 SCR experience?

Hi!

I have bought a Maxum 4100 SCR (1998), that is the reason i have registered to the forum.
We usually spend 2 to 3 weeks on the sea with a 24-foot motor yachts and sailing boats.
I am planning a 1500 nm on the Mediterrean Sea from Spanish to Croatia, usually with a 120-150nm per day.
I would appriciate your advice on that, for examle can this ship achieve (20 knots) travelling speed, and in what weather conditions? How many and big weaves can it endure? Or whether the 25 GPH consumption is realistic? Or above the usual service is it worth checking everything else? Any advice would be helpful, thanks.

Henrik

Winter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 12:59 PM   #2

What engines is this vessel equipped with? 20kts might be fast for long distance cruising.

shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 02:07 PM   #3
Ensign

:-)
I'll get back from the voice! I'm asking you to be smarter! If possible :-) What is your advice ?? The engines cummins 370 .
Winter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 01:36 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter View Post
:-)
I'll get back from the voice! I'm asking you to be smarter! If possible :-) What is your advice ?? The engines cummins 370 .
I'm trying to be as smart as I can be. I suspect I was dropped on my head as a child.

I'm a boater who volunteers my time to keep threads polite and do some periodic thread, post and user maintenance. I also have to occasionally block users who are less than polite or don't follow policy.

I'll assume your message is getting 'lost in translation'. Otherwise, I could be easily offended by this post.
shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 05:09 PM   #5
Lieutenant

Their is no need of getting on like that. fellow boaters on this site are here to help but getting rude will get you no where
kingstonal is offline   Reply With Quote