Go Back   Maxum Boat Owners Club - Forum > Maxum Specific > Sport Yachts
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-01-2013, 10:35 PM   #1
Lt. JG

Default Dinette conversion

Hello fellow Sport Yacht owners,

I can't seem to figure out how to convert the dinette into a bed. Can you please post some instructions. I kind of hope I never need it, but never know - its the lake.

Thanks,
SunChaser

SunChaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:43 AM   #2
Commander

What boat do you have ????

cunuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 01:53 PM   #3

Welcome Aboard SunChaser. We can assume the make is a Maxum. How about Model and Year? You'll only need to use it if you keep inviting people to the boat for the weekend. IMHO guests on the weekend get old fast. However many berths a boat has is rarely how many people can be comfortably accomodated. I can sleep 6 in my 2800 (2 in the midcabin, 2 in the V berth, 2 on teh settee). I could theoretically sleep 8 if I dropped the front-to-back seat in the cockpit and 2 people were inclinded to sleep back there, however I would never do that. At best my boat drinks 8, feeds 6, and sleeps 4. More realistically, drinks 6, feeds 4, sleeps 2. The 'sleeping' is not the problem. It's having 8 people all trying to live, hang out and move around that is the limiting factor. That and 8 adults on my boat and it's a pig to run.

I prefer to both with other boaters. Non-boating visitors wears thin after a while.
shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:56 PM   #4
Lt. JG

Shrew,

I hear you on the 6-4-2. I fortunately can do 8-6-4, but get the point. I have a 1999 4100 SCA. I've only had it 2 months, so still learning how things work.

Thanks for the response,
Sunchaser
Old 01-02-2013, 11:57 PM   #5
Lt. JG

Cunuck,

I have a 4100 SCA.
Old 01-03-2013, 01:27 PM   #6

Are you sure that the settee converts to a berth? I was looking at some pics. I found some that do include shots of some filler cushions, however the description indicates that the solon couch, not the settee converts to a double berth. Do you have a couple of filler cushions? The ones in the photos were the same marine vinyl and color as the solon couch, not the Settee.

Take a look at this:

http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1999...0883/Australia

Separate dining booth table to the leather lounge that can convert to a double bed.

In Photos #2 & #5 you can see the filler cushions sitting on the lounge in the solon and what i'm talking about.

shrew is offline   Reply With Quote