Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2009, 08:50 PM   #41
Ensign

Default Re: NEWBIES-WELCOME TO THE MAXUM OWNERS CLUB

Hello To All
Just Purchased a used 1988 Maxum 2000 with a 5.0 Litre that needs some repairs, Cracked Engine Block will upgrade to a 5.7 Litre and missing housing in front of engine need help with that one, have the top cover. Otherwise the boat is in good condition hoping to get it on the water in 2010. My wife and I live in Central Illinois, USA
John

Old 09-27-2009, 04:26 AM   #42
Ensign

Thank you for the welcome SeaPuppy! First day on the water today up the Hudson, she ran liked a raped ape! Quick question, there is no cabin key, is Maxum Support still able to send a couple? Would you happen to have a phone number? Great forum, thanks again!

Old 09-27-2009, 01:30 PM   #43
Lt. Commander

Capt, here's a thread relating to the cabin key issue although not having one to start with, not sure what the good folks at Maxum would recommend. I had one key and read the number off of it to them and they quickly and freely sent me two more. I forgot precisely the phone number I dialed, but start with Brunswick and tell 'em your dilemma: 847-735-4700 .

http://www.maxumownersclub.com/forum...php?f=1&t=1583
Old 09-29-2009, 10:59 AM   #44
Ensign

Thanks for welcome. Just purchased a 2100sc3 and love it. As a family been involved in boats of all types for years but first one purchased by myself and brother. Live in Cardiff South Wales (just 20 minutes from Ryder Cup venue next year)- so on the sea (even if the water is brown!!) Lots of useful info on site so looking forward to keeping in touch.

Cheers
Old 10-11-2009, 02:02 AM   #45
Ensign

Hello all Newby checkin in...........

Just bought an older used Maxum 17" open bow (1990).

Jim
Old 10-16-2009, 08:41 PM   #46
Ensign

Default New Guy

Hi all I'm Matt . Tina and I just purchased (well in July) a 2004 2700 SE and we love it. :P
Old 10-17-2009, 12:23 AM   #47
Admiral

welcome to the zoo..where ya'll at???....

SP :hello:
Par Excellence
------------------------------
2008 Bayliner 340 - "Wild Whim"
--------------------------------------
I live in my own little world....but it's okay-they know me here!!!

Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.
Tap-Rack-Bang

Anyone that sez "Size doesn't matter" has never owned a boat!
Old 10-21-2009, 11:42 PM   #48
Ensign

Hi all I'm Carlos, from Chile. and I just purchased a 1997 MAXUM 1997 SR, i love MAXUM, its my first boat¡¡¡¡, im so happy¡¡
Old 10-24-2009, 02:28 PM   #49
Admiral

welcome to the zoo carlos......never been to chili...I've had chili..but never been there.....let us a bit about it there...

Par Excellence

Tap-Rack-Bang

Old 10-26-2009, 03:59 PM   #50
Ensign

Nice forum, especially since I heard Maxum is no longer, that's sad. I bought my 2004 Maxum 1800mx Aug 1st. Spent $900 on a 100 hour service, replaced the impeller to be safe. I've since added fishing pole holders and a Lowrance HDS-5 Fishfinder. Now I find I need to add a trolling motor. So I found a used Minn Kota Riptide 55/ST and hoping it's the last upgrade I'll need. But I"m glad I got the Maxum over the Bayliner, so far it's a real nice ride, and well made.

I bought the quick release bracket for the Riptide, just waiting for it to arrive. I'm apprehensive on how it will mount on the bow, with the rounded rails it will be a challenge. I may need to take it to Hipp Marine for installation help.
Old 10-26-2009, 05:36 PM   #51
Admiral

welcome to the zoo....glad your joining our little outpost...

Par Excellence

Tap-Rack-Bang

Old 12-11-2009, 07:41 PM   #52
Ensign

Send a message via Yahoo to cgpuddles

Don't think I ever made a post on the newbie page so here goes. I have been boating for the entire part of my life that I can remember. I am a 2006 graduate of the U.S. Coast Guard Academy with a B.S. in Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering. I have done two tours on ice breakers, USCGC MACKINAW (WLBB 30) and USCGC KATMAI BAY. I am currently in Martinsburg, WV at a desk job and no ships within 100 miles :x In July of this year I found an uncharted rock in Lake Huron for NOAA with my prized Regal. A family boat that has been in a boathouse or on a trailer its whole life so although a 1992, people would mistake it for a year old boat. Well my insurance company took one look at the age and offered me my full policy to scrap the boat..... for one scratch! The wife wanted a bigger boat and that my friends is how I became the owner of a 1998 Maxum 2400. Now try finding a lake in Martinsburg, WV for that boat! In 1/2 a season I probably have 4-5,000 miles on the hubs. We both love the boat so far but have learned that bigger boat bigger cost is true! I have a 5.0 merc and it sure is thirsty. I went from a 3,500 pound boat with a 5.7l duo-prop to a 5.0l four blade in a 5,000 pound boat. Makes the Regal look like a social drinker and the Maxum a sloppy drunk. Can't beat the features of a pocket cruiser though. Cheerio!
'Victors Valiant'
2003 Ford Excursion 6.0l Diesel
Old 12-11-2009, 11:06 PM   #53
Admiral

mike..
1....thanks for your service to our country....sorry your in a desk job now in of all places...wv.....uffdah!!!...I doubt if I could stand that....
2....welcome to the zoo....I started out with a bayliner 2455..same boat basically.....

too bad your not anyplace that you can really stretch the legs of that boat...

Par Excellence

Tap-Rack-Bang

Old 12-12-2009, 12:53 PM   #54
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to ss3964spd

Welcome aboard Mike. We're not too far from you here in Northern Va. No idea where you can splash your boat around Martinsburg but there are only a bazillion places along the Potomac and Chesapeake Bay to get it wet, and many spots aren't too far of a drive.

Dan
Old 12-13-2009, 01:29 PM   #55
Lt. Commander

Hi Mike, small world; our main business is oily water separator parts, service and sales and a lot of our customers are within the WMEC class of cutters, although I think the CGC HEALY (WAGB20) has been our only icebreaker. http://www.gmgsystems.com

Just a note on your 4 blade prop from what we experienced; we tried one but went back to the factory spec'd 3 blade aluminum (15" x 17) because of blown outdrive gears after a month, although it could have been the age of the outdrive as well as the extra stress from the blade. Our overheat alarm always went off with the 4 blade (15" x 16 alum) when we ran higher than 3900 rpms, but when we changed back to the 3 blade the problem disappeared completely, with the engine temp never exceeding 170 deg's; risers and mani's were ok.

Tom.
Old 12-20-2009, 01:41 AM   #56
Lt. JG

Hello all. I just got my first boat and its a 1996 2100sr. I am planning on doing most of my boating in San Diego even though I live here in AZ. Of course local lakes will be used too.

This is a great forum. I've found a lot of useful info and am loving this site.

Thanks. ED
Old 12-20-2009, 02:20 AM   #57
Admiral

Welcome to the zoo ed...

Par Excellence

Tap-Rack-Bang

Old 12-29-2009, 03:18 AM   #58
Lt. JG

Greetings everyone and Happy New Year! New to the Club, and waiting impatiently for Summer to get here. Bought a 2004 Maxum 2400 SE in September and managed to get it out on the lake just 3 times before I had to pack her in for the winter. We moved up from a 1984 Seaswirl (beautiful condition, wonderful starter boat for us) and love this new boat. Still learning our way around her and doing everything possible to "knowledge-up" when we go back in the water.

Love this site...all of it interesting reading. I'll be back with my own questions in the days and weeks ahead. Mike
Old 12-30-2009, 07:11 PM   #59
Admiral

welcome to the new zoo mike...looking fwd to hearing of your adventures with the new boat....

SP
Old 03-01-2010, 07:43 PM   #60
Ensign

Man am I glad I found this site! Hey there y'all.

Closed Thread