Go Back   Maxum Boat Owners Club - Forum > Maxum General > Maxum Owners General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-02-2012, 09:28 PM   #1
Ensign

Default New Guy Introduction

After reading some of the other post I thought it would only be appropriate for me to introduce myself. I'm a new very green boat owner. Purchased my Uncle's father's 1990 Maxum. It's a 15 foot runabout with a 50hp Force engine. It's in rough shape but is a great starter for me. I purchased it late last summer and am just starting to learn the ins and outs of what it takes to own a boat. My primary purpose for the purchase was to get around the lake and do some fishing. Then realized that the fiance' actually doesn't mind being out there either. I tend to work a ton of hours during the week and my only free time for the boat is on the weekends. I'm looking forward to being apart of this form and learning more about boat ownership.

Thanks again!

garbonzo06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 01:44 AM   #2
Captain

hey, i've been boating a little over a year, and don't know anything.... i try to keep my lie's to a minium.

pascavone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 01:49 AM   #3
Admiral

welcome to the zoo....glad you found us......best advice I can give you is never approach the dock faster than your willing to crash into it......

pic's or it didn't happen!!

SP
Par Excellence
------------------------------
2008 Bayliner 340 - "Wild Whim"
--------------------------------------
I live in my own little world....but it's okay-they know me here!!!

Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.
Tap-Rack-Bang

Anyone that sez "Size doesn't matter" has never owned a boat!
seapuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 12:52 PM   #4

WElcome Aboard Garbonzo06!!!! Great Into.!!

Well you've got the first place to start right out of the way.....you found MaxumOwnersClub.com, created a logon as well as a post. If you haven't already, the next step is a Boaters Safety Course. After that will be a good set of service manuals. Keep posting your questions and updates. And don't be afraid to break out a camera and show off the progress. You gotta get the Before pics in order to have "Before and After" pics.
shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 04:55 AM   #5
Ensign

Well hello there! I would like to welcome you to the forum though I am new here as well. It really is a great one and which would be able to work with what you actually need and want just like that. I assume that you have already been familiar with the set for quite a while and that should be able to help you with a lot of probably concerns you might have with it.
orrtan is offline   Reply With Quote