Old 09-21-2018, 05:34 PM   #1
Ensign

Default Maxum 2300 SR 1995 stern seat back removal

Hello everyone. I have a list of items/projects I am going to be working on this winter and will need better access to the engine compartment. beyond lifting the engine hatch. I see there are 4 "L" brackets that will need to be removed to remove the forward transom wall. Attached to the transom wall is the some screws that are a part of the stern seats. (see pic) There are about 6 I have found. some are easy to get and some will be very difficult(I have no idea how to get to) to reach. If anyone has done this before, is there a different way to gain access? After some reading it has been suggested I NOT remove the seat back as the bracket that holds them might be easily broken and not easy to replace? Should I simply unscrew what I can reach and cut off the rest of the screws? After which I would do my best to reattach the seat backs to the transom wall? Please note, the seat back is not actually attached to the carpeted wall, the seat back is attached to a plastic/fiberglass that is then screwed onto the transom wall.

Thanks for any input.
-Troy
Attached Thumbnails
image1.jpeg   image2.jpeg   image3.jpeg   image4.jpeg  
teedidy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
engine access, seat back removal