Go Back   Maxum Boat Owners Club - Forum > Maxum Specific > Sport Cruisers
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-19-2012, 02:50 AM   #1
Lieutenant

Default 1994 Maxum 2700 SCR - Bravo 2 Prop Size?

Hey guys!
I have a 1994 Maxum 2700 SCR with a 7.4L merc bravo 2, I just purchased it a few days ago and I know something is wrong with it (I assume the prop pitch is wrong)
I'm topped out at about 3200 RPM and am barely pushing 20mph (and it is sucking gas like no other).
I'm not sure what size prop is on it now (i think the previous owner said 21" pitch but i could be wrong - haven't had the chance to pull it out of the water).
(The previous owner also blew the old lower unit because he forgot the thrust washer and it ate the prop, he gave me the old lower unit and old prop, the old prop has a 19" pitch.)
There is a brand new lower unit on the maxum now and what i believe to be a 21" prop. do you have any insight for what could be the correct prop size? or perhaps the solution to this low rpm, gas guzzling, sluggish problem? These props cost like $400 - $600 so I'm trying to get the right size once lol.
To top it all off, i blew the starter today and i realized its not a high torque starter so that was on its way out anyway i researched online and think i need an ARCO 30470 starter but I'm not 100% on anything, if someone could double check that also for me it'd be greatly appreciated.

[ATTACH][/ATTACH] [ATTACH][/ATTACH] 2012-06-06_08-24-12_939Small.jpg

Thanks for your help,
- Joe
1994Maxum2700SCR is offline   Reply With Quote