Go Back   Maxum Boat Owners Club - Forum > Maxum General > Maxum Maintenance
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-15-2010, 01:04 AM   #1
Ensign

Default Adding A/C and genset

I am thinking very seriously about adding A/C to my 3300SE. I was hoping to get away with an inverter but that looks like wishful thinking. Anyone suggest a reputable place to add the genset and A/C? I'll probably wait until this winter to add it to save a couple of bucks.

Spock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 03:06 PM   #2
Lieutenant

hi Spock, the first thing I would do is to check were the factory installed the gen/set and A/C on the 3300SE. if you go for something like the factory set up then it is a little more intricate ( a hell of a lot more stuff to put in to make it work properly/safely) I have the A/C and gen set on my 3000SCR and there is a lot more their than meets the eye if you would like to know more please ask Tony

TonyA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 04:06 PM   #3

If you're going to install either a central air unit or a generator, then you're going to need to install a through hull pickup and a seacock for each, so the boat will need to be hauled. Probably best to wait until fall and do it while the boat is layed up. You can add A/C without a Genny, but you'll need to run it off of shore power. you would need more batteries than the boat has storage to run A/C off the inverter for any length of time. I use a portable Honda 2Kw genny, but then I rarely need A/C on the hook.
shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 02:18 AM   #4
Ensign

I have a Honda EU3000is generator that I run on the swimstep now when I'm anchored. I'm thinking that I will just use that and have an A/C unit added. I am close to building a custom swim step cover for it to keep the waves off it but haven't got around to it yet.
Lake roosevelt is hot in July and the A/C is a must.
Spock is offline   Reply With Quote