Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 06-29-2010, 08:21 PM   #1
Ensign
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 7
Default Where's My Horn?

Just purchased an 1800SR3.....got an little issue...the horn doesn't work so I haven't a clue where to start.
Its not like losing your cell when you get a friend to ring it for you...
Looked under the dash and behind the speaker trays...no joy....it does look like the brown and green wires go to the bow...
any takers gents?
__________________

stevew001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 08:45 PM   #2
Ensign
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 7
Default

Ok...found it....its hidden under the little cover on the bow....And with a torch I can see the wire (spade) has come off.
Next question.....how do you remove the little plastic cover, tried a thin blade but too risky to put too much pressure on it until I know if it pops off or it is held in by magic...te he..
__________________

stevew001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 09:06 PM   #3
Captain
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Almere, Netherlands
Posts: 710
Default

take the bow cushion away and look if you can reach the wires with your hand...????? ( i think you have to turn yourself upside down )

greatz, ed
ed & inge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 12:27 PM   #4
Moderator

 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 3,558
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed & inge View Post
( i think you have to turn yourself upside down )
LMAO!!!! My rule of thumb is, If I'm comfortable, I'm probably not going to reach it. I think most things require at least one dislocation, 3 bruises and a something sharp jamming in you back to reach them in my boat. good luck.
__________________
Leave me alone, it's Boating Season!!!
shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 03:10 PM   #5
Captain
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Almere, Netherlands
Posts: 710
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrew View Post
LMAO!!!! My rule of thumb is, If I'm comfortable, I'm probably not going to reach it. I think most things require at least one dislocation, 3 bruises and a something sharp jamming in you back to reach them in my boat. good luck.

yeah....the best option is to place a new horn on a better position.....haha
ed & inge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 05:36 PM   #6
Ensign
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 7
Cool Done it!

Picture the fire brigade with a reciprocating saw appearing at my door telling my wife we have to cut the boat in half to get your husband out from that small space. You know, the one he was told to squeeze inside by the Maxum forum guys ..... not a good idea...
So..... the white plastic panel does come off with a little more effort. It is mounted by 3 plastic plugs in a triangle about a quarter of an inch in. The trick is to get a sharp knife between the white plastic and its base...which is a black plastic mount screwed to the gel. Once off, the 2 screws came out easy and the horn was out, spade reconnected and it works!
stevew001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 08:29 PM   #7
Moderator

 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 3,558
Default

Nice!!!!
__________________
Leave me alone, it's Boating Season!!!
shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 09:14 PM   #8
Captain
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Almere, Netherlands
Posts: 710
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew001 View Post
Picture the fire brigade with a reciprocating saw appearing at my door telling my wife we have to cut the boat in half to get your husband out from that small space. You know, the one he was told to squeeze inside by the Maxum forum guys ..... not a good idea...
So..... the white plastic panel does come off with a little more effort. It is mounted by 3 plastic plugs in a triangle about a quarter of an inch in. The trick is to get a sharp knife between the white plastic and its base...which is a black plastic mount screwed to the gel. Once off, the 2 screws came out easy and the horn was out, spade reconnected and it works!

so easy.......i liked my option more because i already visualised it........steve upside down in the bow and can't move fore- or backward any more

thats worth a picture......fun

greatz, ed
ed & inge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 11:11 PM   #9
Admiral

 
seapuppy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Everett Wa
Posts: 4,681
Default

I have a theory that boats and japanese cars are put together by small, teeny sumo wrestlers drunk on a friday!!!
that's the only explanation for some of the stuff they do when installing the parts and horns.


SP
__________________
Don't compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
------------------------
SSN683 Association member
Par Excellence
------------------------------
2008 Bayliner 340 - "Wild Whim"
--------------------------------------
I live in my own little world....but it's okay-they know me here!!!

Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.
Tap-Rack-Bang

Anyone that sez "Size doesn't matter" has never owned a boat!
seapuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 05:58 AM   #10
Captain
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Almere, Netherlands
Posts: 710
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by seapuppy View Post
I have a theory that boats and japanese cars are put together by small, teeny sumo wrestlers drunk on a friday!!!
that's the only explanation for some of the stuff they do when installing the parts and horns.


SP

i agree SP.... especially bayliners......
__________________

ed & inge is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT. The time now is 09:09 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.