Old 04-02-2010, 02:56 AM   #11
Lt. Commander

capav8r, thanks for the reply. Right now I dry store the boat in a place where AC power isn't readily available. I'm hoping I'll be able to store it in my driveway, but the jury's still out on that (long story). I may end up taking the batteries out to periodically to charge them.

I did try to manually lift the hatch - way heavy. Could be the hydraulic lifts, so I might see if it's easier when they are disconnected.

iceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 10:06 AM   #12
Ensign

Hi Guy's Well I have a 2008 2600se Actualy the decal on the boat say's 2700se but it's the same boat. I have the two post below the battery switch to lift the Hatch with a booster pack. So if you want pic of hows it's wirered let me know and I'll get some posted. As for the door well it can't be that hard to lift by hand as it was stored with no battery's in it for winter and a thief opened it by hand and disconeted my fuel line and drained all my gas from the tank. ( i had a gas cap lock on the filler tube). Leason learned dont fill you tank up before you store it...

Sea-Laxing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 10:42 AM   #13
Lieutenant

Hi Just a thought do you have the cathodic protection system installed to you boat, it may be hard wired to the battery also the merthodic protection on the engines may be hard wired to the battery. ( I have to do that check with my boat to see if that is the case)

As far as trying to get a back up feed to your hatch you may try to hook a battery to a cigarette/ spotlight light plug and plug that into the cigarette lighter and back feed through that. That is if you have one on helm or on deck some were just a thought
TonyA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 11:54 AM   #14
Ensign

Hi Iceman, well I was out on my boat and looked at the wiring for my back up post to lift the hatch, and all they did was run the negative post to the yellow bonding bar on the hull and the red is wired with a 2 awg wire to the load side of the 50 amp breacker next to the engine switch. this now give power to the hatch and other device but because of the size of wire they dont recomende starting the engine. Hope this helps out . Sea-laxing out..

Sea-Laxing is offline   Reply With Quote