Old 03-03-2021, 07:03 PM   #1
Lt. Commander

Default Who has the cockpit canvas with windshield cover for the 2700?

Hey Everyone. I'm hoping someone has some pics of how the windshield cover is secured to the boat. I'm guessing buttons screwed into the fiberglass as the base of the windshield. If so, does anyone have pictures of each button location? I could just start putting buttons in, but it would be nice to see one that was done professionally.

Thanks,
Jeremy

golfwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 02:22 PM   #2

Twist Studs is what I would recommend for attaching Isinglass to the aluminum windshield frame:

https://www.defender.com/product.jsp?id=6532909

They simply need to be installed no more the 12" apart. I've used pop-rivets and sealed the hold with clear sealant.

shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 02:41 PM   #3
Lt. Commander

Thanks. I have the twist locks on top of the windshield for the isinglass. I could just put twist lock holes in my canvas and that would probably work well at the marina, but not for trailering driving down the road for maintenance. The windshield cover section would be flapping everywhere.

I also don't love the idea of putting buttons in my gelcoat. I would just not rather see them. It would be nice if the buttons were in the windshield frame instead, but I don't think that's an option due to the risk of hitting glass. I may just keep doing what I'm doing. I'm currently using a bungee strap to hold the windshield section down. I could just remove the cover when on a trailer.
golfwins is offline   Reply With Quote