Go Back   Maxum Boat Owners Club - Forum > Maxum General > Maxum Owners General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-18-2011, 03:30 AM   #1
Admiral

Default What are your plans for the summer??

well...it's almost here....although up here in the pacnorwest...we're a bit behind on summer....we still ahve one big plan going on...

we're planning on cutting out on the 2nd of july for about 8-9 days...we're heading up into the canadian gulf islands and to brentwood bay marina and inn....this place is really a 5 star marina...awesome...hopefully the weather will cooperate for us....from brentwood bay to thetis island, telegraph harbor.......then finally back to the US at roche harbor.......and finally home the next saturday........

later we'll do some short weekend runs and into the san juans again for laborday weekend....of course we'll still hit the water every weekend we can for local runs...but our big trips will be expensive due to gas prices....we just stuck in 135 gals of gas for 560 bucks....ouch!!!!...

what are your plans since gas is so expensive....???

SP

Par Excellence
------------------------------
2008 Bayliner 340 - "Wild Whim"
--------------------------------------
I live in my own little world....but it's okay-they know me here!!!

Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.
Tap-Rack-Bang

Anyone that sez "Size doesn't matter" has never owned a boat!
seapuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 08:13 AM   #2
Captain

well, last week i pumped 70 gallons in the tank for about a 595 dollar so at the other side of the world gas is still a cheapy....2th of july we're taking the boat out for about 3 weeks to the south west of the netherlands.....but at this moment it's raining cats and dogs with a strong storm (8/9) ......

but still got to work 2 weeks so enough time for the weather to change or for other plans if the weather keeps the same.....

greatz, ed

ed & inge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 01:10 PM   #3
Lt. Commander

That 70 gallons at UK prices would be £440 or $708 at todays exchange rate. Over here i would just be happy for it to stop raining for one weekend so we could get out!
Warpa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 04:13 PM   #4
Lt. JG

Heading to Poulsbo with another Maxum on July 2nd. We hear they do the Fireworks thing on July 3rd instead of the 4th. Anyone else ever done the 4th in Poulsbo, Wa?
markwin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 05:34 PM   #5
Admiral

yes....it's pretty good....bit busy and crowded...but a nice show...enjoy...take pic's...

SP
Par Excellence
------------------------------
2008 Bayliner 340 - "Wild Whim"
--------------------------------------
I live in my own little world....but it's okay-they know me here!!!

Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.
Tap-Rack-Bang

Anyone that sez "Size doesn't matter" has never owned a boat!
seapuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 11:01 PM   #6
Commander

Cool Gas

Gas in BC is $1.24 liter at the road pumps on Harrison lake $1.60 liter .If you come north to the islands you might get pump shock
cunuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 08:41 PM   #7
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunuck View Post
Gas in BC is $1.24 liter at the road pumps on Harrison lake $1.60 liter .If you come north to the islands you might get pump shock
thats 0.87 euro.....what a lovely price......over here today 1.66 euro....thats 2.37 us dollar a liter.....

but still no boating weather.....
Old 06-19-2011, 09:49 PM   #8
Lt. Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed & inge View Post
thats 0.87 euro.....what a lovely price......over here today 1.66 euro....thats 2.37 us dollar a liter.....

but still no boating weather.....
None here in the UK either, we are going to go out regardless in future unless blowing a gale!
Warpa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 11:19 PM   #9
Ensign

Me and my husband are going out next weekend it has got to the point over here boat in the rain... This summer over here in England has been Awful..
Hopefully Devon next weekend with no kids..
MrsGleed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 11:37 PM   #10
Admiral

The admiral and I are celebrating our 11th wedding anniversary tomorrow with a dinner at our favorite steak joint which is right next to our marina where our boat is for a friday night slept over.Oh goody!

And here in the midwest with the weather............ finally it is not going to freckin rain this weekend.

Heading up to Traverse City, Mi July 9th to drive back a friend's car. He has bought a new Nortic Tug and is going to make the trip back to central Illinois via Lake Michigan and the Illinois River as so many boaters do. St Joseph, Benton Harbor, MI is where we bought our Maxum and it is the furthest north we have been in Michigan, so it will be adventure for us to say say the least.

Roger
biggerseagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 11:48 PM   #11
Lt. Commander

Working on a 4th weekend plan right now. Since the wife is down after her surgery, we will be doing a couple evenings with the kiddos and I'm in negotiation stage with my mother and mother in law to play with the kids on Saturday to give me a chance to "bond" with my dad and my father in law......(bonding in party cove with 175 boats and the associated activities) With straight laced mothers and mother in laws party cove is always out of the question. The good news is my father and FIL "ALWAYS" agree with them yet somehow after a day in the cove I'm guessing it will take 2 weeks to get the smile off their faces.
tackleshep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 05:50 AM   #12
Captain

one more week to work and than holiday for three weeks......as the weather forcast says now we're not taking the boat out, but spend our holiday in italy on lake garda......we dont want to spend the holiday on the boat with rain, clouds and a too low temp......

but we still hope the weather people are totally wrong and it's gonna be bloody hot.......

greatz, ed
Old 06-24-2011, 12:53 PM   #13

I'm of July 2 - 10 and will be on the boat. Heading out to Block Island, R.I. on Sat. and spending a good portion of the week rafted up with a group from the marina. The 4th is crazy everywhere and this place is no exception. I wouldn't normally go, but folks others are heading out much earlier in the week to squat a spot in the anchorage, so I get to show up and tie up. (And of course, buy the first few rounds for everyone in gratitude for making things so easy for me).

Off again Aug. 13-21 and have no idea what I'm doing. I had planned on a trip out to Martha's Vineyard, Nantucket and the hope was to circumnavigate Cape Cod. That doesn't look like it's going to happen due to some unforeseen circumstances. Since we're going to be more local, we invited a couple to come down for a few days midweek. More than likely it will be a series of smaller 2-3 night trips from the marina and back instead.

We're really just hoping for good weather and good health for both the boat and us.
shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 02:14 PM   #14
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to ss3964spd

Congratulations on the 11th, Roger, hope you two enjoy.

You're a shrewed mammal, Shrew, arriving late for a raft up also means you won't be stuck in the middle of it in case you want to bug out early.

Looks like this coming Sunday we will finally be putting our boat in the water for the 1st time this season. I've already completed the short list of "must do's" and plan to finish the "want to do's" this evening and Saturday. Haul the boat back to the marina Sunday morning and head out. Looks like the weather here in the Washington DC area is going to be perfect on Sunday; sunny and in the mid 80's.

Have not yet made any boating plans for the weekend of the 4th but I'm sure we'll be out at least once, although not sure if we'll even try to go out on the 4th. Will be a mad house on the water here.

I hear ya Shep. My father STILL talks about one particular water party.......

Dan
ss3964spd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 02:44 PM   #15
Lt. Commander

Location: Liberty Lake, WA... moored on Beautiful Coeur D' Alene Lake, ID

Leaving in a few hours for the marina, then motor back North to the city of Coeur D' Alene, ID... located at the north end of Coeur D' Alene Lake. The last weekend of June is the IronMan Triathalon in CDA, ID every year... and it's a pretty impressive site to see 2,500+ people plunge into the water all at once to start the big event @ 7AM! We'll be bobbing out right next to the course on the hook, then "follow" the atheletes on the bike trail which goes along the north shore of the lake for a few of the 112 (I think it is?) mile bike portion before the participants start the third-leg 26 mile marathon. It's an all day event that I'll be observing from the water while Root Sports/ESPN/Fox---not sure who---hovers a helicopter above. We'll be a little crowded on our little pocket cruiser as our two boys and two grown daughters and a future son-in-law all want to be there Sunday morning, but hopefully the weather will cooperate so we can be out on the sunpad/foredeck.

It's quite a site to see all these black wetsuits (the water won't be above 50 degrees F) do this 2+ mile swim, especially when they all go in simultaneously when the starting gun sounds. That's OUR plans this weekend. Kind of weird to drive the Suburban right through the city of CDA to get to our marina (located in Carlin Bay on Lake CDA---about one third of the way South on CDA Lake)... only to cruise back TO the city docks/Boardwalk Marina in the city of CDA. But hey, as long as we go by boat I could care less. We'll have our usual "Clampets-look" with a JetSki in tow and five mountain bikes up on the bow pulpit next to the inflatable kayak.

Can't wait!
Old 06-24-2011, 03:25 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss3964spd View Post
Congratulations on the 11th, Roger, hope you two enjoy.

You're a shrewed mammal, Shrew, arriving late for a raft up also means you won't be stuck in the middle of it in case you want to bug out early.
Ya, Im not crazy about it, but our week's didn't really match up. Most are heading the week before and leaving on the 4th and 5th. We're starting our vacation at the end of theirs. I can't be in the middle anyway. These are 36 -40 ft. aft cabin boats. When I'm next to them, I'm looking at a wall of fiberglass, so I really have to be on the outside anyway. Some of their cleats are so high, the breast lines go straight up from me to them.
shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 03:45 PM   #17
Admiral

Thanks folks! Everyone have a great summer and don't forget the pic's!
biggerseagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 05:34 PM   #18
Ensign

I cant wait till next weekend I'm going to drive it like I stole it!! And we are going water skiing that will be fun have not been on a pair of ski's for almost 20 years got to give it a go!! We will be doing some Sea Bass fishing Mackerel and deep sea so super excited!! Now I have to go clean and polish her!!
MrsGleed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 07:12 PM   #19
Lt. Commander

should have gone to the island of ibiza
have an appartement overthere but got tied up by my work
son has gone with his girlfriend instead
was planning to go for a trip with the boat but it has been raining cats and dogs
so finally
started to tidy up the 2nd bathroom (wa on my list for 3 years)
rens
rens914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 07:40 AM   #20
Captain

hai rens

yes its **** over here in the netherlands, just left the bathroom behind me, it's ready. now the lady of the house has got some other work for me to do............but not in the holiday......