Old 04-28-2011, 11:03 PM   #1
Admiral

Default Weather for Boating

I hope that this weekend I can finally dunk the boat and put it in its slip for the season to come, but first..........the weather! The nasty weather!

Central Illinois has gotten its share but I think south of us has gotten alot more as in gallons and gallons more. To all the people in the St Louis area that was effected by the airport tornado you will recover and our thoughts go out to you. Reading the paper this morning and the storm system that went through the deep south with alittle under 300 people losing their lives in unbelievable. Wow. Spring weather is packing a punch this season and taking no prisoners.

The Illinois river is approaching flood stage in our area but is going to crest sometime next week. This still is nowhere near what is going on south of us with what the Mississippi, Missouri and Ohio river are doing to the people that live along side of it.

Well I hope I can get the boat in the water this saturday. I did have a chance Easter weekend (beautiful weekend) but home duties called, painting and taking old carpet out for the new carpet so we can get our house on the market and sell. If I hear the word staging one more time scream!

Hang in there Midwest and Southern boaters!

That is all

Roger

biggerseagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 11:30 PM   #2
Lt. Commander

I was seriously debating dropping my Maxum in this weekend but the weather up here in western Canada has been horrible and 45 mph winds are forecast. We also have record flooding with all kinds of debris from trees to telephone poles flooting around. What is worse is that the cable I connected to my mooring chain/anchor for the winter appears to have been taken out by the ice and flood. I had it wrapped around a huge boulder on shore that is now in 3 feet of water. I am pretty sure I will find it eventually, but it might not be that easy and might require snorkelling which I am not inclined to do until the water warms up considerably.

ShoreAcres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 02:46 AM   #3
Admiral

well....this weekend is supposed to be decent....so..hopefully we'll spend time locally at the everett marina.....

if we're lucky ...one of the grey whales will be out in the sound close by so we can go see them..

Steve
Par Excellence
------------------------------
2008 Bayliner 340 - "Wild Whim"
--------------------------------------
I live in my own little world....but it's okay-they know me here!!!

Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.
Tap-Rack-Bang

Anyone that sez "Size doesn't matter" has never owned a boat!
seapuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 01:08 PM   #4
Lt. Commander

I'm not sure what's worse, having terrible weather and a boat or perfect weather like it is in Atlanta this weekend and nothing more than an oar... Hope you get in the water soon. What part of Central Illinois? Where do you boat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggerseagar View Post
I hope that this weekend I can finally dunk the boat and put it in its slip for the season to come, but first..........the weather! The nasty weather!

Central Illinois has gotten its share but I think south of us has gotten alot more as in gallons and gallons more. To all the people in the St Louis area that was effected by the airport tornado you will recover and our thoughts go out to you. Reading the paper this morning and the storm system that went through the deep south with alittle under 300 people losing their lives in unbelievable. Wow. Spring weather is packing a punch this season and taking no prisoners.

The Illinois river is approaching flood stage in our area but is going to crest sometime next week. This still is nowhere near what is going on south of us with what the Mississippi, Missouri and Ohio river are doing to the people that live along side of it.

Well I hope I can get the boat in the water this saturday. I did have a chance Easter weekend (beautiful weekend) but home duties called, painting and taking old carpet out for the new carpet so we can get our house on the market and sell. If I hear the word staging one more time scream!

Hang in there Midwest and Southern boaters!

That is all

Roger
Cymru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 01:33 PM   #5
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to ss3964spd

Yeah, some parts of the South got hammered. My oldest son goes to college at Auburn in Alabama - about 2 hours away from Birmingham. The Birmingham area took a beating. My heart goes out to all those folks.

I feel your pain Roger, my honey-do list is so long that I've simply not had time to get the boat cleaned up and in the water. Last Sat was purrrrrfect here in Northern Va, and this weekend looks nice too - thou not as warm as last. I try to console myself by remembering that all the rain we've had has washed so much floating debris into the Potomac River that I think I'd rather wait til it all makes its way down river.

LOL - both scenarios are bad, Cymru.
ss3964spd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 02:20 PM   #6
Commander

Heading out for our 3rd trip today at Lake Powell. Weather not cooperating here in the Southwest either.
oldno7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 03:32 AM   #7
Admiral

Cyrmu..........Live in the Peoria area and boat on the Illinois River.........Peoria is sort of the Mason-Dixon Line if your a Cub or Cardinal fan........lots of interbreeding going on :-)
Old 04-30-2011, 12:59 PM   #8
Lt. Commander

Its not such a bad place. I like Peoria. I spent a lot of time up in that part of the world. Illinois is like my adopted home state and my wife is from Springfiled.

Cubs or Cardinals? Either will do except when they play each other. Go Cubs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggerseagar View Post
Cyrmu..........Live in the Peoria area and boat on the Illinois River.........Peoria is sort of the Mason-Dixon Line if your a Cub or Cardinal fan........lots of interbreeding going on :-)
Cymru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 02:05 PM   #9
Admiral

Yeah.......go cubs!

Yes we love this area............. born and raised and might retire here.............gee I have relatives in the Atlanta area...........haven't seen them in ages.

We are even getting a Bass Pro Shop store. It will be finished and ready to open in the fall and of course Peoria is home of the yellow god......caterpillar.

Looks like I might get to put the boat in sunday...........

Roger
Old 05-01-2011, 08:30 PM   #10
Captain

ho ho ho.....the weather was great again here in holland.....about 22 degrees celcius....only a little strong wind....but who cares.....so here nothing to complain

greatz, ed
ed & inge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 03:10 AM   #11
Admiral

In the water.........now going to get the new bimini put on.......

Roger