Go Back   Maxum Boat Owners Club - Forum > Maxum General > Maxum Owners General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-29-2011, 01:12 PM   #1
Lt. Commander

Default Watch the help you do get...

So out to the lake on the weekend... Using a ramp that I have only been to once before and it is STEEP... Well... Trailer was lined up side to side great, but not down quite enough - bow was below roller.. Guy comes over and starts taking over how to do it better, and me not being too experienced figuired he seemed to know what he was saying.. Moved trailer up, hoisted MaKs as far as possible then pulled out. Well MaKs needed a little more so crank a little.. Now winch dog is broken... I thought he had things backwards, but let him convince me... Oh well.. Not to big $$ to fix, and now I know to trust me thoughts more!!
MaKs still sitting about 1.5" too far back, makes huge difference in feeling on trailer, gets too light on the tongue..

Oh and had a great time with friends out on Erie.. Tubing, one of our friends kids on it for first time ever!! Anchored off shore for a while and swam from boat, lots of fun!

Old 08-29-2011, 02:20 PM   #2
Admiral

VFF..........KNOW what you mean..........My wife and I know exactly what to do when we are backing in and docking our boat in our slip.She gets pissed when someone comes over and tries to help because they see a woman with a line and they think they don't know what to do......(she calls them a$$holes :-). I not saying I won't refuse help when we need it when docking but for the most part 99.9% we got it covered thank you very much.......

When I teach the safe boating course for the USPS I always tell the class just because you have help...... doesn't mean you have help.....alway make sure everyone knows what they are doing. That sounds like a job briefing! They mean well......but sometimes that is not enough....

Roger
biggerseagar is offline   Reply With Quote