Old 06-18-2012, 11:28 AM   #1
Lieutenant

Unhappy Walking away

To my Maxum Friends,

I just brought my 21' 2008 Maxum SC3 cuddy back to the dealer to be sold. It had only 110 hours on it and in all areas is still new. It seems like I never had time to take the wife out on it with shifting schedules and an hour long trailer haul to the ocean. Spent money last year at a marina and only used it twice. When I did have time to take her out it seems like the boat hated me. It was always one thing or another, dead batteries, electrical problems, fuel problems, radio problems, co detector and lighting problems, trailer brakes rusting in a locked position and so on. Then after all that had to pay for it to be winterized and it took up driveway space needing the snow removed from the cover to keep it from collapsing.

I was getting it ready for some summer fun earlier and found a hornets’ nest in the trailer. With all the issues repaired and ready to go I cleaned her to a gleaming mirror like finish and there she sat in the driveway collecting dust, pollen and berries from the trees while either I worked weekends or the wife did. With further obligations till August I decided to hang it up. The dealer who gets a 10% cut on the sale told me it would move quickly. It's a 2008 but is in new condition, low hours and I added a cooler and a $700.00 GPS Unit. He said 21' Maxums with a cuddy are far and few between in the area and in demand. I guess people are crazy for them in Europe also. Anyway just wanted to thank everyone especially seapuppy and shrew for listening to all the issues I had over the past two years and whom gave me great guidance in getting things right. I'm going to miss the water but won't be as painful as missing the water while looking out at my boat in the driveway on a brilliant 75 degree day.

Have a great summer and be safe!

Dave

Smithbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 12:51 PM   #2
Captain

well, its not fun if you feel obligated to use it.

You'd do better to spend the money and rent a boat and a nice condo for two long weekends a year then dragging a boat back and forth.

Just don't go out and get an RV now, they are just as bad, if not used regularly.

pascavone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 12:57 PM   #3
Admiral

oh man I feel your pain.....sorry to see you leave our community and sincerely wish you all the best.......

stop in and say hi sometime.....always welcome to stay....

SP
Par Excellence
------------------------------
2008 Bayliner 340 - "Wild Whim"
--------------------------------------
I live in my own little world....but it's okay-they know me here!!!

Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.
Tap-Rack-Bang

Anyone that sez "Size doesn't matter" has never owned a boat!
seapuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 09:31 PM   #4
Captain

hai dave...

i know what you feel, i had the same feeling the last few months that the boat hated me.......leaking, gelcoat was getting loose of the backside, etc etc......spend a lot of money but had the feeling that i could not reley (trust) on her anymore, so we decided to buy an other ship....something totally different.......boats like we have, are dead business in europe at this moment because of the crises......i was happy that i could trade my boat in.... made a big loss at her but i took the loss because i wanted to get rid off it.........have a good time with wathever you are going to do for the next years

greatz, ed
ed & inge is offline   Reply With Quote