Old 03-27-2017, 12:16 AM   #1
Ensign

Default Vaccuflush power switch

I have a 2001 2700 SCR purchased about a year ago. Having trouble location the 12v power supply switch for the Vaccuflush toilet. Any hints as to where it is located?

rpadgham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 06:13 AM   #2

All the ones I've seen are in the head. I assume you're trying to turn it off, not on?

shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 08:19 PM   #3
Admiral

My 2004 2500SE does not have a power switch. When you turn on the battery switch it primes automatically.

Are you not getting power to it?
Phillbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 08:47 PM   #4
Ensign

I think mine is direct wired as well, can't find a power supply switch anywhere. Trying to turn it off when we are not on the boat for a while. Other boaters on the dock think it should be turned off when not in use. Could use the battery switch but that would disable the security system. Will try the 12 v DC breaker panel, surely they hooked it up thru one of the extra breakers. Thanks for the help.
rpadgham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 09:02 PM   #5

If you have a DC breaker panel for the vacu-flush that would be the solution. If not, you would need to install a shut-off switch. Shutting off the main DC battery switch does not sound like a great idea to me. My bilge pumps are through the main battery switch.
Old 03-28-2017, 12:48 AM   #6
Lieutenant

Yes. just go to your panel and their should be a breaker for vacuum flush. Make sure the breaker is on, then your toilet should be good to go
kingstonal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 01:20 AM   #7
Admiral

A vac flush uses fresh water so you freshwater tank must have water in it and the pump on, the switch is at the helm. There is a vac pump at the holding tank but I am not sure where it gets power from.

Mike
mmwjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 01:01 PM   #8
Lieutenant

Check the fuse in the engine compartment. 20-25 amp, big red. Easy way to disconnect.
dannyrayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 04:55 PM   #9
Lt. JG

I have a 2001 2900 SCR, I don't have a on/off switch for my vaccuflush toilet. I was kicking around the idea to add one, there is a switch in the head that is not being used.
MattL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 03:40 AM   #10
Ensign

My 2009 2500se does not have a breaker or switch. When they winterize it, they unplug a 2 wire connector behind the pump. In my case, the pump continued to run, so until I have the bellows replaced, I put a ground side switch in to allow me to charge the tank, and cut the pump off so it does not burn out. Hope it helps.
deluxedirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 04:12 PM   #11
Admiral

If your vacuum pump is running while not in use you have a leak that needs to be addressed.

My bilge pumps are hard wired to the batteries so when not on the boat the battery switch is off and so is the vacuum pump.
Old 07-24-2017, 08:38 PM   #12
Lt. JG

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattL View Post
I have a 2001 2900 SCR, I don't have a on/off switch for my vaccuflush toilet. I was kicking around the idea to add one, there is a switch in the head that is not being used.
Hello! I have a 2001 2900 SCR too. My on/off switch is down in the engine compartment on the plastic vaccuflush pump that sits atop the waste tank. I have a leak in my vaccuflush pump so have to manually turn it on & off or listen to it "pump" every 3-5 mins. Planning to wire it to the extra switch in the head that you mentioned. (Btw, I was told that switch is actually for a shower sump).

NautiGal
NautiGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 09:51 PM   #13
Admiral

Correct red rocker switch in the head is for the shower sump.

Mike
Old 07-25-2017, 12:58 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by NautiGal View Post
Hello! I have a 2001 2900 SCR too. My on/off switch is down in the engine compartment on the plastic vaccuflush pump that sits atop the waste tank. I have a leak in my vaccuflush pump so have to manually turn it on & off or listen to it "pump" every 3-5 mins. Planning to wire it to the extra switch in the head that you mentioned. (Btw, I was told that switch is actually for a shower sump).

NautiGal
Fix the leak, not the work-around. The switch isn't your problem.
Old 07-25-2017, 05:19 PM   #15
Admiral

Nauti, does your head hold water or does it leak down? If it leaks down it's an easy fix to replace the seal on the flush ball.
Old 07-25-2017, 06:47 PM   #16
Lt. JG

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmwjr View Post
Correct red rocker switch in the head is for the shower sump.
Hmmm, no red rocker switch in my head, just two little white rocker switches to left of sink....one controls lights & the other does nothing so gonna wire to that one. There is an electrical outlet under corner cabinet that looks like it may have been an after-market type thing...wonder if that's where the red rocker switch used to be? The only RED rocker switch I have in cabin is for water - just in front of galley sink.
Old 07-25-2017, 06:55 PM   #17
Lt. JG

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrew View Post
Fix the leak, not the work-around. The switch isn't your problem.
Agreed but until mechanic can fix the vaccuflush pump leak I can at least use the switch to turn pump on/off instead of having to pull bench seat & open engine compartment every time I need to flush...
Old 07-25-2017, 07:10 PM   #18
Lt. JG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
Nauti, does your head hold water or does it leak down? If it leaks down it's an easy fix to replace the seal on the flush ball.
It holds water...holds so well that the first time I added water to holding tank the toilet overflowed because the flush ball flap was stuck!

HOWEVER, my mechanic says I have a leak in the waste holding tank in addition to vaccuflush pump leak. Could the pump leak BE what's leaking? Any suggestions on how best to fix those issues???
Old 07-25-2017, 09:33 PM   #19
Admiral

Quote:
Hmmm, no red rocker switch in my head, just two little white rocker switches to left of sink....one controls lights & the other does nothing so gonna wire to that one. There is an electrical outlet under corner cabinet that looks like it may have been an after-market type thing...wonder if that's where the red rocker switch used to be? The only RED rocker switch I have in cabin is for water - just in front of galley sink.
That second white one may be the shower sump pump, if there is no water in it the float is in the off position and the pump doesn't run. Try turning it on and pouring water down the shower drain to see if it comes on, may take a bucket of water to fill the sump.

Mike
Old 07-26-2017, 01:34 PM   #20

Quote:
It holds water...holds so well that the first time I added water to holding tank the toilet overflowed because the flush ball flap was stuck!

HOWEVER, my mechanic says I have a leak in the waste holding tank in addition to vaccuflush pump leak. Could the pump leak BE what's leaking? Any suggestions on how best to fix those issues???

Head (Toilet) -> Vacuum Pump -> Holding tank.

Vacuum Pump only creates vacuum between the Head and the vacuum pump. There is no vacuum between the pump and the holding tank. If there is a leak in the holding tank, it would be unrelated to your problem. The holding tank has a vent line, so a vacuum cannot be created there.

If there is a leak in the holding tank, that would definitely need to be addressed. I would be interested in knowing whether it is a fitting, a hose, or if the tank itself were compromised.

As for the vacuum leak, it will either be the ball, or a fitting between the tank and pump, the hose between tank and pump, or the pump itself.

I believe those are diaphram pumps, so I would be looking there as a culprit.