Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 03-27-2017, 12:16 AM   #1
Ensign
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 2
Default Vaccuflush power switch

I have a 2001 2700 SCR purchased about a year ago. Having trouble location the 12v power supply switch for the Vaccuflush toilet. Any hints as to where it is located?
__________________

rpadgham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 06:13 AM   #2
Moderator

 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 4,956
Default

All the ones I've seen are in the head. I assume you're trying to turn it off, not on?
__________________

shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 08:19 PM   #3
Admiral
 
Phillbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Lake Powell
Posts: 1,470
Default

My 2004 2500SE does not have a power switch. When you turn on the battery switch it primes automatically.

Are you not getting power to it?
Phillbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 08:47 PM   #4
Ensign
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 2
Default

I think mine is direct wired as well, can't find a power supply switch anywhere. Trying to turn it off when we are not on the boat for a while. Other boaters on the dock think it should be turned off when not in use. Could use the battery switch but that would disable the security system. Will try the 12 v DC breaker panel, surely they hooked it up thru one of the extra breakers. Thanks for the help.
rpadgham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 09:02 PM   #5
Moderator

 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 4,956
Default

If you have a DC breaker panel for the vacu-flush that would be the solution. If not, you would need to install a shut-off switch. Shutting off the main DC battery switch does not sound like a great idea to me. My bilge pumps are through the main battery switch.
shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 12:48 AM   #6
Lieutenant
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Kingston ontario
Posts: 73
Default

Yes. just go to your panel and their should be a breaker for vacuum flush. Make sure the breaker is on, then your toilet should be good to go
kingstonal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 01:20 AM   #7
Admiral
 
mmwjr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Essex, Maryland
Posts: 8,264
Default

A vac flush uses fresh water so you freshwater tank must have water in it and the pump on, the switch is at the helm. There is a vac pump at the holding tank but I am not sure where it gets power from.
__________________
1997 2400 SCR
5.7 Vortec / Bravo 2
Mike
mmwjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 01:01 PM   #8
Lt. JG
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 49
Default

Check the fuse in the engine compartment. 20-25 amp, big red. Easy way to disconnect.
dannyrayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 04:55 PM   #9
Lt. JG
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Riverside, RI
Posts: 25
Default

I have a 2001 2900 SCR, I don't have a on/off switch for my vaccuflush toilet. I was kicking around the idea to add one, there is a switch in the head that is not being used.
MattL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 03:40 AM   #10
Ensign
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Sterling VA
Posts: 1
Default

My 2009 2500se does not have a breaker or switch. When they winterize it, they unplug a 2 wire connector behind the pump. In my case, the pump continued to run, so until I have the bellows replaced, I put a ground side switch in to allow me to charge the tank, and cut the pump off so it does not burn out. Hope it helps.
deluxedirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 04:12 PM   #11
Admiral
 
Phillbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Lake Powell
Posts: 1,470
Default

If your vacuum pump is running while not in use you have a leak that needs to be addressed.

My bilge pumps are hard wired to the batteries so when not on the boat the battery switch is off and so is the vacuum pump.
Phillbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 08:38 PM   #12
Lt. JG
 
NautiGal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 23
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattL View Post
I have a 2001 2900 SCR, I don't have a on/off switch for my vaccuflush toilet. I was kicking around the idea to add one, there is a switch in the head that is not being used.
Hello! I have a 2001 2900 SCR too. My on/off switch is down in the engine compartment on the plastic vaccuflush pump that sits atop the waste tank. I have a leak in my vaccuflush pump so have to manually turn it on & off or listen to it "pump" every 3-5 mins. Planning to wire it to the extra switch in the head that you mentioned. (Btw, I was told that switch is actually for a shower sump).

NautiGal
NautiGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 09:51 PM   #13
Admiral
 
mmwjr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Essex, Maryland
Posts: 8,264
Default

Correct red rocker switch in the head is for the shower sump.
__________________
1997 2400 SCR
5.7 Vortec / Bravo 2
Mike
mmwjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 12:58 PM   #14
Moderator

 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 4,956
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NautiGal View Post
Hello! I have a 2001 2900 SCR too. My on/off switch is down in the engine compartment on the plastic vaccuflush pump that sits atop the waste tank. I have a leak in my vaccuflush pump so have to manually turn it on & off or listen to it "pump" every 3-5 mins. Planning to wire it to the extra switch in the head that you mentioned. (Btw, I was told that switch is actually for a shower sump).

NautiGal
Fix the leak, not the work-around. The switch isn't your problem.
shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 05:19 PM   #15
Admiral
 
Phillbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Lake Powell
Posts: 1,470
Default

Nauti, does your head hold water or does it leak down? If it leaks down it's an easy fix to replace the seal on the flush ball.
Phillbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 06:47 PM   #16
Lt. JG
 
NautiGal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 23
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmwjr View Post
Correct red rocker switch in the head is for the shower sump.
Hmmm, no red rocker switch in my head, just two little white rocker switches to left of sink....one controls lights & the other does nothing so gonna wire to that one. There is an electrical outlet under corner cabinet that looks like it may have been an after-market type thing...wonder if that's where the red rocker switch used to be? The only RED rocker switch I have in cabin is for water - just in front of galley sink.
NautiGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 06:55 PM   #17
Lt. JG
 
NautiGal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 23
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrew View Post
Fix the leak, not the work-around. The switch isn't your problem.
Agreed but until mechanic can fix the vaccuflush pump leak I can at least use the switch to turn pump on/off instead of having to pull bench seat & open engine compartment every time I need to flush...
NautiGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 07:10 PM   #18
Lt. JG
 
NautiGal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 23
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
Nauti, does your head hold water or does it leak down? If it leaks down it's an easy fix to replace the seal on the flush ball.
It holds water...holds so well that the first time I added water to holding tank the toilet overflowed because the flush ball flap was stuck!

HOWEVER, my mechanic says I have a leak in the waste holding tank in addition to vaccuflush pump leak. Could the pump leak BE what's leaking? Any suggestions on how best to fix those issues???
NautiGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 09:33 PM   #19
Admiral
 
mmwjr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Essex, Maryland
Posts: 8,264
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NautiGal View Post
Hmmm, no red rocker switch in my head, just two little white rocker switches to left of sink....one controls lights & the other does nothing so gonna wire to that one. There is an electrical outlet under corner cabinet that looks like it may have been an after-market type thing...wonder if that's where the red rocker switch used to be? The only RED rocker switch I have in cabin is for water - just in front of galley sink.
That second white one may be the shower sump pump, if there is no water in it the float is in the off position and the pump doesn't run. Try turning it on and pouring water down the shower drain to see if it comes on, may take a bucket of water to fill the sump.
__________________
1997 2400 SCR
5.7 Vortec / Bravo 2
Mike
mmwjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 01:34 PM   #20
Moderator

 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 4,956
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NautiGal View Post
It holds water...holds so well that the first time I added water to holding tank the toilet overflowed because the flush ball flap was stuck!

HOWEVER, my mechanic says I have a leak in the waste holding tank in addition to vaccuflush pump leak. Could the pump leak BE what's leaking? Any suggestions on how best to fix those issues???

Head (Toilet) -> Vacuum Pump -> Holding tank.

Vacuum Pump only creates vacuum between the Head and the vacuum pump. There is no vacuum between the pump and the holding tank. If there is a leak in the holding tank, it would be unrelated to your problem. The holding tank has a vent line, so a vacuum cannot be created there.

If there is a leak in the holding tank, that would definitely need to be addressed. I would be interested in knowing whether it is a fitting, a hose, or if the tank itself were compromised.

As for the vacuum leak, it will either be the ball, or a fitting between the tank and pump, the hose between tank and pump, or the pump itself.

I believe those are diaphram pumps, so I would be looking there as a culprit.
__________________

shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT. The time now is 09:55 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.