Old 09-19-2010, 08:47 PM   #1
Lt. JG

Default Trying to replace inside lights

Hi all, just a little question please,
I am trying to replace the inside lights on my 1993 2700 SCR, with LED lights, but cannot seem to remove the current factory light covers to replace the bulbs.Any special procedure?
Thanks
James

SCOOBY151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 12:11 PM   #2
Commander

Cool led

I pry the small ring that is around the lens off and the lens drops off.I changed the whole light cheaper than a led bulb .

cunuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 12:59 PM   #3
Admiral

grab the housing with your hand....give a slight twist to the right...and pull at the same time...should just pop right off..

SP
Par Excellence
------------------------------
2008 Bayliner 340 - "Wild Whim"
--------------------------------------
I live in my own little world....but it's okay-they know me here!!!

Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.
Tap-Rack-Bang

Anyone that sez "Size doesn't matter" has never owned a boat!
seapuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 01:02 PM   #4

If the light looks like either of these (Probably in cream (dream white) and not silver):

These take a quarter turn. I found they screwed the bases in so hard on some of mine that they were impossible to spin. You may need to pry it off, but be careful not to break the tabs. Once it's off, loosen the screws holding the base in to make then a bit easier to get the cover on and off. Mine were so tight they were flexing the plastic base. It looked like they were installed with a electric screwdriver, screwgun or drill.
shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 06:30 PM   #5
Lt. Commander

After testing 3 different out, I bought 16 of these which have worked fine so far ($2.89 delivered ea.) http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...#ht_2014wt_930
Old 09-20-2010, 07:19 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommyfmu View Post
After testing 3 different out, I bought 16 of these which have worked fine so far ($2.89 delivered ea.) http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...#ht_2014wt_930
Wow, that is a great price!! Much cheaper than the ones I bought, but regardless the OP still needs to get the darned covers off in order to swap any bulb out.
shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 03:38 PM   #7
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommyfmu View Post
Those look really good. 3000K is a good color. How true was that? How close was the color of the light compared to the stock halogen. I like the warm light over cool white.
Old 09-21-2010, 07:47 PM   #8
Lt. JG

thanks to all for your never ending help
SCOOBY151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 02:00 AM   #9
Lt. Commander

Most of the bulbs give off a very slight green tinge we noticed but they're very bright and we got instantly used to them. They certainly don't have the harsh blue tint that you see with many LED's. Haven't had any technical problems, other than having to reverse maybe 1/2 of our sockets wiring. This is due to the LED's being polarity sensitive, whereas standard G4 halogens are not. Easy to do, maybe 5 minutes each including unscrew, cut wire, strip, twist, solder, tape and rescrew. Considering 16 lights at 3 watts compared to 16 lights at 20 watts each, a noticeable difference in battery duration before running down.
Old 10-16-2010, 02:30 PM   #10
Lt. JG

Default led lights Auto Zone

I just replaced my courstey lights with Blue LED lights. I bought mine at Auto Zone. In the cabin I added a 3 bulb white LED directional light. Here is a link that shows what the blue LED lihgts look likehttp://phunkingt.com/phunkingt_013.htm
Attached Thumbnails
led.jpg  

bka56 is offline   Reply With Quote