Old 02-01-2022, 10:07 PM   #1
Lieutenant

Default Toilet manual

Does anyone have the manual for the toilet on a 1999 2400 SCR? One of the questions I have is these are two switches that are in the cockpit under the console. These switches are to operate the discharge pump. Are both used for this? Is one used for discharge in waste discharge area? the other for when you pump out?

thanks,

john

jmalvaso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2022, 11:22 PM   #2
Admiral

Yes both switches must be depressed at the same time for overboard discharge. This is to ensure it’s not done accidentally. While the switches were standard the pump was optional. My 1997 has the switches but is only plumber to the holding tank with a deckplate for pumpout.

Mike
mmwjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2022, 11:02 AM   #3
Lieutenant

Yea, mine is plumber to discharge out of the boat, there is a shutoff in the engine compartment, which I have closed. There is a holding tank. I have also disconnected those switches from the fuse box, since I will never use this option. But I'm still unsure if this will affect the function of the toilet. I have not tried it yet, as there are no instructions, that's what I'm looking for.
Old 02-02-2022, 12:15 PM   #4
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmalvaso View Post
Yea, mine is plumber to discharge out of the boat, there is a shutoff in the engine compartment, which I have closed. There is a holding tank. I have also disconnected those switches from the fuse box, since I will never use this option. But I'm still unsure if this will affect the function of the toilet. I have not tried it yet, as there are no instructions, that's what I'm looking for.
Disconnecting the switches will have no impact on the toilet working. What toilet do you have; manual hand pump, electric, or vacuum?

Mike
Old 02-02-2022, 01:32 PM   #5
Lieutenant

thanks Mike. and I guessing that the seacock needs to be in the open position to flush waste water from the bowl.
Old 02-02-2022, 03:17 PM   #6
Admiral

Quote:
thanks Mike. and I guessing that the seacock needs to be in the open position to flush waste water from the bowl.
Correct. First a few pumps to fill the bowl, then several pumps to empty and full to the holding tank. Then flip the lever to dry and a few pumps to clear the line.

Mike
Old 02-03-2022, 01:22 PM   #7

Quote:
You are asking a lot of questions, however you are not answering anyone else's questions being asked of you. This makes it difficult to give you the information that you need. Our option is to then draft lengthy replies of "IF this, then....."

If the head is a vacu-flush it will work differently than either an eletctric or manual flush.

What kind of head do you have??

If you answer the question, we can easily answer yours.

I'm going to assume a 1999 2400 is going to have a Jabsco Manual (pump flush) head. The way these work is the up stroke of the pump draws water from outside of the boat. This is drawn through a seacock, usually located in a bilge area relatively close to the head.

The down pump action will evacuate the bowl and send the contents to the holding tank.

The holding tank can be emptied either with a pump-out through the deck plate labelled "Waste". The pump out is a power vaccuum device.

The alternative method of emptying the holding tank is through the holding tank discharge. There is a second discharge hose that goes from the holding tank to a discharge pump. Then from the discharge pump to the through hull fitting. The dual single-throw switches at the helm activate the discharge pump. Both switches need to be thrown and held simultaneously for hte discharge pump to actuate.

Removing the switches is senseless, since the pump and hosing will still be in place. Don't cripple the functionality of the boat. Just because you won't use them now, doesn't you wont have an opportunity or a need in the future. When you sell the boat it will be painful obvious that you half crippled a feature. If you don't want to use it, then don't use it.

Now, there are set-ups that will have a shutoff at the discharge line. There are also switches that will re-route the discharge line from the head to the holding tank or a direct discharge.
shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2022, 08:33 PM   #8
Lieutenant

thanks all, I'm good now.
Old 02-17-2022, 02:10 PM   #9
Lieutenant

This is a great post. Thank you
Chamilun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2022, 01:26 PM   #10

Quote:
thanks all, I'm good now.
Thanks for the confirmation and feedback.

shrew is offline   Reply With Quote