Old 07-05-2016, 10:46 PM   #1
Ensign

Default Swim Ladder

New Maxum Boat owner here trying to work the kinks out of a boat that I just purchased

2000 2300 SR - 7.4 MPI/Bravo 3 with low hours

I neeed the swim ladder that folds up together slides into a bracket that is covered just below the swim platform

Any suggestions on where to look for this?

Thanks - MikeL

MikeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 10:49 PM   #2
Admiral

Welcome aboard

Windline is the manufacture of boat ladders Maxum used.

Mike
mmwjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 12:10 PM   #3
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeL View Post
New Maxum Boat owner here trying to work the kinks out of a boat that I just purchased

2000 2300 SR - 7.4 MPI/Bravo 3 with low hours

I neeed the swim ladder that folds up together slides into a bracket that is covered just below the swim platform

Any suggestions on where to look for this?

Thanks - MikeL
Hi Mike
Did you ever sort out replacement ladder? I have a '98 2300SC with no ladder. It sits beneath the swim platform. Trouble is (this might be like your boat), the underside of the swim platform slopes up towards stern so the usual under platform ladders don't work. Thanks
Mel
MelA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 08:30 PM   #4
Ensign

Following for same issue
chorstman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 12:56 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmwjr View Post
Welcome aboard

Windline is the manufacture of boat ladders Maxum used.
It's the same solution. Maxum used Windline ladders.

https://www.windline.com/
shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 04:46 PM   #6
Ensign

yes, know Windline is the ladder manufacturer. They have no phone number for contact, however, Robostar is the parent company. When contacted them Sept. 2019 they referred me back to the boat manufacturer, as they made "custom" ladders for Maxum and did not provide model #'s. Maxum Marine is out of business and now I am referred to the customer service for Bayliner. They informed me they only kept info for 3 years and have not info on Maxum boats. Very frustrating, as it appears the ladder I need is no longer being made by anyone. Will have to fabricate my own.
chorstman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 02:16 PM   #7

I'm surprised you can't find something that is similar enough to work in the space. They have a large selection. It needs to be a ladder and fit. It doesn't need to be the exact ladder. It's not like a door handle on a 57 chevy.
Old 10-29-2019, 05:45 PM   #8
Ensign

Default Swim Ladder

Following on from my earlier post, I have purchased a 'FreeTec 4-step Stainless Steel Under Platform Slide Mount Boat Boarding Telescoping Ladder' from Amazon UK for about £75.
I measured the angle of the swim platform underside with a contraption made of two pieces of wood hinged with a bolt and a spirit level - seemed to work! Back in the workshop I made up a jig to represent the swim platform underside and adjusted the slots in the ladder frame until it hung right.
In all I extended the slots that the ladder runs in by about 12mm so that it should hang at about the right angle when bolted in under the swim platform.
I will be getting the boat out of the water in a couple of weeks and aim to fit it then.
If it all works I'll post some photos.
One problem that I am expecting will be reaching the inside of the swim platform to fix the nuts on the securing bolts. I'm going to need very slim, long arms or maybe blue tac the nuts onto a spanner on a long bar.
Has anyone out there managed to reach these bolts??
Old 10-30-2019, 01:30 PM   #9

Extension bar

https://www.homedepot.com/b/Socket-R...-5yc1vZ1z116ke
Old 02-11-2020, 05:57 PM   #10
Ensign

Default Swim ladder for 2300SC

Following on from my post from a few months ago, the modified telescopic ladder was not a solution - there simply isn't enough length/space under the swim platform to fit. So I tried a completely different idea - rather than try to squeeze a ladder under the platform I have fitted a quality boarding ladder with hand rails on top of the platform. It is bolted through the deck (about 1" thick fibreglass/timber/fibreglass sandwich) with four M8x50mm bolts with penny washers to spread the load. It was a two man job to fit. I epoxied the washers to the M8 nut and then used a spanner taped to an wooden extension to fix the nuts while the bolts were screwed in from the outside.
I'm very pleased with the end result. The ladder came from Amazon - "Amarine-made Marine Pontoon Boat Heavy Duty 6 Step Telescoping Rear Entry Ladder-4067S", and cost around £190 (UK)
Attached Thumbnails
Ladder.jpg