Go Back   Maxum Boat Owners Club - Forum > Maxum General > Maxum Owners General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-09-2012, 05:07 AM   #1
Lt. JG

Default Storm Covers needed - SCR3000

Hi Yall,

I am trying to source an original set of storm covers for an SCR3000. I had mine replaced after my boat was vandalised but the new covers just don't look the part and have far too much brown material in them for my liking.

If you do, please let me know.

Thanks,
Todd.

veuve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 01:47 PM   #2
Admiral

Todd... Having a older brother that lives in Melbourne for last 30 years........I have learned some of your slang terms. But storm covers......well what do you mean? A cockpit cover or bimini with full eisinglass? Whatever the case you could try some places in the states (leta's is pretty good but shipping might be a cost buster). I would check your local canvas shops and see what they can do for you. Check Ebay there used to be a supplier from New York that was selling full sets.

Good luck

Roger

biggerseagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 12:29 PM   #3
Lt. JG

[SUB][/SUB]
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggerseagar View Post
Todd... Having a older brother that lives in Melbourne for last 30 years........I have learned some of your slang terms. But storm covers......well what do you mean? A cockpit cover or bimini with full eisinglass? Whatever the case you could try some places in the states (leta's is pretty good but shipping might be a cost buster). I would check your local canvas shops and see what they can do for you. Check Ebay there used to be a supplier from New York that was selling full sets.

Good luck

Roger
Oops, sorry meant full canopy or the canvas type thingy that covers the thing that floats in the water and costs me a bucket load of cash to use twice a year.

I have found a place on the web called Harvard marine that says it can supply A factory type copy for about $2500.00. Price seems fair, hopefully the build is.

Just a note for you US type people and your American built boats. When I flush he toilet down here the water spins in the opposite direction to you Guys up there ( as we re in the southern hemisphere- yeah, it exists), the water comes out of the bowl. Maybe you could build an Australian version where he water flushes he correct way and the floor stays dry

Thanks for t he help Roger.
veuve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 12:22 AM   #4
Admiral

Todd ......for your information the canvas that the Harvard sells they get them from www.letastopshop.com and she is in the state of Washington on the west coast! If you are going to order canvas...order from leta cause it is cheaper also.

Good one about the loo water. It was also a great sight to see the Southern Star when I visited the downunder years ago.

Roger
biggerseagar is offline   Reply With Quote