Old 08-10-2012, 07:51 PM   #1
Lt. Commander

Default Specs Hulp - Dry weight, bridge clearance, etc.

I mean "Help"... Can't change the title. I have to replace my old ski boat - at 1989 Sea Ray 210 Bowrider. I am very close to buying a Crownline 23 SS LPX. I keep my Maxum on a buoy but this boat has to fit in my boathouse. The Sea Ray is actually 22"10""LOA vs 23"3" for the Crowline, so i am OK on the length. I am concerned about the height (overhead door clearance) and weight (winch capacity).

Online it says the Sea Ray is 3030 lbs dry weight and the Crownline is 4200. Given they have basically the same size engine block (5.7l) and are about the same size, I find this weight difference hard to believe. Sea Rays are usually heavy and I always thought my 210 was closer to 5000 lbs.

I can't find the height of the Sea ray online but the "bridge clearance" of the Crownline is 53" - it has a very low slung windshield. Could someone confirm that "bridge clearance" is the height from keel to top of windsheild as opposed to windshield to water level.

Also does anyone have a good source for boat specs?

While I am on it, does anyone know the LOA for a 1990 2700 SCR. I know it is at least 29', maybe more with the pulpit.

ShoreAcres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 08:35 PM   #2
Admiral

I would think Bridge Clearance would not be measured from the keel but from the water line.

Phillbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 10:05 PM   #3
Lt. Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
I would think Bridge Clearance would not be measured from the keel but from the water line.
I believe you are right. I should be looking for Total Overall Height (TOH), which should be Draft + Bridge Clearance - although it depends whare you measure. At the windshield the draft might not be as deep. the draft on the Crownline is 18 inches N/I the outdrive. That would give me a TOH of 71 inches. Standard overhead door is 84 inches so with the track and dolly height it will be tight. Will measure this weekend. I also have the waketower (foldable) and speaker to deal with.
ShoreAcres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 01:36 PM   #4

There would be 2 different meassurements for 'Bridge Clearance'. Bridge Clearance 'FLOATING', and bridge clearance 'TRAILERING'. Floating = from waterline to highest point on the boat. TRAILERING = from ground to highest point while sitting on the trailer. The latter would be dictated, in part, by the trailer and roller/bunk locations.

Bridge Clearance 'Floating' is usually published by the manufacturer, while the Trailering clearance would need to be measured.
shrew is offline   Reply With Quote