Old 01-10-2010, 11:23 PM   #61
Admiral

Talking

that is just sweet....I was looking at one of those before I found my340....very nice boats indeed...and welcome to the zoo!!

SP

Par Excellence
------------------------------
2008 Bayliner 340 - "Wild Whim"
--------------------------------------
I live in my own little world....but it's okay-they know me here!!!

Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.
Tap-Rack-Bang

Anyone that sez "Size doesn't matter" has never owned a boat!
seapuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 11:44 PM   #62

Thanks for the welcome. We all have one thing in common no matter what floats us, the love for boats and the ultimate freedom they instantly provide from the moment we loose the lines, to moment we pour on the coals and feel the exhileration of getting on plane! What a rush!
YES! Boats ROCK!

Jeff-

Bella Sera 3300SCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 03:42 AM   #63
Lt. Commander

Welcome Jeff!

Nice boat. I think you may have just introduced us to our next boat. Thanks, I think.
Nimh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 03:44 AM   #64
relford.ward@att.net

Default boats

Maxum 1998 2800 scr 2004 bayliner 185 for sale
Attached Thumbnails
185 bayliner 2004.jpg  
Attached Images

Old 01-11-2010, 02:05 PM   #65

Bella. Is that sunbather topless?
shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 02:18 PM   #66
Admiral

was curios myself...kinda looked that way...but I can't really tell...

SP
Par Excellence

Tap-Rack-Bang

Old 01-12-2010, 01:47 AM   #67

Always keep em guess'n!! Naa, sorry to tell you it's just flesh toned Bikini top. Blends in pretty good too, huh? We live in Winona, Minnesota (one of the few island cities on the Miss.) my Lady and I boat along the Mississippi shores shared by of course Wisconsin, where it is completely legal to be topless if you are a woman on the WI islands of the Miss. Believe you me I have seen some stunners too. Whew! Boy do I miss summer (and the views!!)

Jeff-
Old 01-12-2010, 02:18 AM   #68

Smile Thank you for your kind coments about the Bella.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimh View Post
Welcome Jeff!

Nice boat. I think you may have just introduced us to our next boat. Thanks, I think.
Thanks Nimh,

The 3300 has a great layout and fantastic use of both cockpit space and the salon too. I have done a great deal of modifications to her. including the addition of a Seaward brand Princess Model three burner electric range oven. The gally layout fit the oven perfectly and just slid right in and looks totally original. It really extends the culinary capabillity to baking roasting and broiling too.

What floats you and yours now?

Jeff-
Old 01-12-2010, 02:25 AM   #69
Captain

Jeff, do you have any pics of the Princess oven install. I think our galley is pretty close(mine is a 1994 3200 SCR) and this sounds like a worth while modification.
Old 01-12-2010, 02:34 AM   #70
Admiral

show it on projects and we'll keep this one going for boat pic's...

thanks

SP
Par Excellence

Tap-Rack-Bang

Old 01-12-2010, 02:59 AM   #71

Hey HavaMax,

I don't at the moment (Bella is in winter storage at this time) but I am going to be doing some work in her next week. I will take some. in the meantime if the Galley in the 32 is the same as the 33, the oven fits perfectly on the far left hand side of the Galley counter where the old two burner stove stove was just as the counter makes the bend angle. The oven incredibly fits flush to its front frame against the base cabinet and has about 3/4" of an inch of counter space behind it to spare, not alot but again it still fit just fine. The max current draw of the oven is 1.5 Kw or 1500watts so it was fine with the 5 KW Westerbeke genny onboard. The Princess range is wonderfull and is every bit as nice of qualty as a upscale home range (it should because it is pretty dear at almost a grand. I bought mine at Defender Marine for $900.00 on sale. The cool thing about them is that they are truly a marinized design and not just a camper model, with a built in sea rail that fits special pot holder brackets (sold separately) that can be mounted to the rail to keep the hot pots in place while underway. Also they have a Ceran totally sealed top so if you have a boil over its all stays neatly in the sunken sealed cook top. Don't get me wrong BBQing is great and I do that as well onboard but being able to bake is ideal for caseroles breads and roasts for that matter. Makes me hungry thinking about all the yummy stuff we have whipped up in it.

Hang on till next week and I will show you the install in the projects section OK?. Take care'

Jeff
Old 01-12-2010, 06:13 PM   #72
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to ss3964spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella Sera 3300SCR View Post
.....it's just flesh toned Bikini top.
I'm not buying it. Or, at least, I don't want to buy it. LOL Nevertheless, it's a fine looking vessel, regardless of the bow adornments.

Dan
ss3964spd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 09:48 PM   #73

Talking Top, no Top?

Hmmm, well lets see as memory serves....when I took this picture last summer, I was facing west and the shore in the far distance is is where the Vikings play sooooo by that logic that would make me on the......Wisconsin shore (remembering what I said about their liberal bathing suit laws) You arrive at your own conclusions there Dan!
Thanks for the complements about her, Bella that is I mean to say!

Anyhoo, Back to the thread!

Lets look at her speaker set up.....(let me tell ya Bella ROCKS with 8 qty Bose 151 waterproof speakers, the four on the radar arch are aim adjustable) Not shown is the 12" Boss Marine sub and 2000 watt amp mounted so the Engine compartment acts as the speaker cabinet. Can you say BASS? I knew ya could!!

http://i789.photobucket.com/albums/y...inspics016.jpg
http://i789.photobucket.com/albums/y...inspics017.jpg

Jeff
Old 01-12-2010, 10:24 PM   #74
Admiral

The speaker installs look good Jeff, nice and clean. Me, although I'm an audiophile from way back, I'm content with the lowly stock 4 speakers in our 2400 SC3. Just replaced the head unit last season, has 30X4 - pleanty of volumn when bobbing about at the dock or on the hook - which is when we have music on.

Dan
Old 01-13-2010, 03:02 AM   #75

Wink

Thanks Dan,

Hey, theres nothing lowly about an 2400 SC3, including the four speaker set up you have, my 2nd boat was a Four Winns 215 Sundowner and I loved it. Cuddys are a great compromise which I figure all boats are in one way or another. It all depends on what you want from your floating friend. I too replaced the head unit on Bella, went with the Jensen #2007 Ipod controller unit with three different remotes. It is really nice to be able to control the music from the helm, salon or from neat little floating waterproof R/F remote fob that works from 100' away . Cool for hanging out on the beach and chillin with friends with full stereo control. My twin 350MAG's make a beautiful noise at her 37 mph cruise speed but it is also nice to hear the music clear as a bell with the extra speakers and power over the 600 ponies trotting along ;-)

Jeff
Old 01-13-2010, 02:22 PM   #76
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella Sera 3300SCR View Post
It all depends on what you want from your floating friend.
'Eh, we talkin 'bout boats or spouces? LOL

Oh no, I'm quite enamored with our 2400 SC3, regardless of how marginal the speakers are. Being our very first boat, and us having been on the water for just 2/3 of one season, it seems to really work well for how we use a boat. I'm hard pressed to think of a better type, or size, of "starter" boat for us. Our's also has the 350 MAG with a B3 drive. Definitely a good combination in the 2400 SC3. I guess your 3300 weighs roughly twice, perhaps a bit more, what mine does so the dual 350's on Bella likely do the job just fine.

Man, can't wait for Spring!
Old 01-13-2010, 02:49 PM   #77
Lt. Commander

I bet that 350 Mag in a 2400 really gets up and moves! We've got the 5.0 MPI with the B3 on our 2400 and despite my wife's best efforts to pack a weeks worth of supplies for every day we're going to be out, it still gets up on the plane easily. What do you cruise at Dan?

...and yeah, waiting for Spring is killing me this year.
Nimh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 03:15 PM   #78
Lt. JG

l
keith2300SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 03:43 PM   #79
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimh View Post
What do you cruise at Dan?
Cruise is right around 34 Nimh but frankly, cruise - to me, is any speed once on plane. Wife and I are small framed people so when it's just the two of us and our stuff for a day, plus a full tank, the tub gets on plane in about 5 seconds. Tops out around 50 MPH. Of course, I can't actually see where I'm pointng the the boat at that speed because my eyes are watering bad, so top speed sprints are few and far between. Besides, even though I'm a "hotrodder" by nature, I really don't care about going real fast on the water. Would much rather run it around 30 and enjoy the scenery and not spill my champaign.

Dan
Old 02-11-2010, 01:37 AM   #80

The Princess oven install pictures on Bella Sera...Sorry of the delay Havamax. Let me know if you have any questions or need other pics.
Jeff-

http://i789.photobucket.com/albums/y...a/100_0742.jpg

http://i789.photobucket.com/albums/y...a/100_0750.jpg