Old 02-04-2009, 12:56 PM   #1
Lt. JG

Send a message via Yahoo to irishladdie
Default Sea Toilet

Hi All,
Got my boat eventually from the USA. but really let down by the chap i bought from in Baltimore, big list of missing items that he never sent with the boat.
He was also to send me a list of how to work things, as this is my first boat, but never did that either. Anyway my question is i cannot get the toilet to work.
I cannot get any water into it, there is a sea cock near the holding tank, which is open, i can pump the handle all day and no water will come in.
If i fill the toilet with water it will pump out ok.
What position is the little lever at the top suppose to be in and what does it do?? is it a valve for the water to come??
The boat is a 91 SCR 2300.
Any help would be great :roll:

Thanks.

Old 02-04-2009, 01:00 PM   #2
Admiral

look under the steps..there should be a shower sump and a hull valve...that maybe turned off...turn that on....

but first ...there is a switch on the top of the pump..to bring water into the bowl..the switch should be to the left..which is the water side...pump about 10-12 times...then flip the switch to the bowl side and that will pump it over to the san tank....see if that helps...let us know how it goes..

SP

Par Excellence
------------------------------
2008 Bayliner 340 - "Wild Whim"
--------------------------------------
I live in my own little world....but it's okay-they know me here!!!

Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.
Tap-Rack-Bang

Anyone that sez "Size doesn't matter" has never owned a boat!
seapuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 05:12 PM   #3

As Seapuppy stated, there should be a seacock somewhere fairly close to the toilet itself and will vary depending on the model/year. You know it will be in the bilge somewhere and should be fairly close to the toilet, especially if it's a manual pump style. (Otherwise you would have to pump quite a bit to fill water in the hose between the seacock and the toilet. There's not much travel in the manual pump and the volume of water for each pump cycle isn't great, so figure that each manual pump cycle will only fill a few inches worth of hose). Check all bilge accesss and you should find it. Open is typically UP, or relatively perpendicular to the hull.

Also, we'll assume the boat is in the water since it won't fill otherwise. Sometimes the rubber gasket will dry out and may need to be greased or replaced if your simply not be getting a good vacuum. If the pump feels TOO free, then this may be the case as well. With the manual pumps, the up stroke should be drawing water in from the seacock and the down stroke should be both pushing water into the bowl and pushing water from the bowl out to the holding tank. I have never tried this, but if your getting a good vacuum I would expect to find the manual pump very difficult to move in the Up portion of the cycle with the seaccok closed.

Just some thoughts.
shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 12:16 PM   #4
Lieutenant

Send a message via MSN to BayBoy

Another thing to check is the scupper on the bottom of the boat that is attached to the thru-hull to your head. If the boat was bottom painted before it was put in the water they sometimes paint right over the scupper and clog up the inlet.
BayBoy is offline   Reply With Quote